Advertisement

What makes a human different from monkeys/other animals

Started by May 14, 2020 07:20 PM
178 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

You can affect it, you can interact with it it, but this does not mean you know how it works. You only know certain parts of functionality, but those can not explain consciousness, abilities to recognise and solve abstract problems, etc.
Detecting which regions of brain are involved in such processes, or even how they work in quite some detail, does not explain how our mind works as a whole.

You seem to think we could soon build our own brain, like others assume they could soon build their AGI.
So you are not different than the other folks in this thread, as you seem to be unable to understand the difference between Frankenstein and either God or Evolution, choose what you prefer. We have just more fun at being dumb than you have, that's all.

@nikito : you have no idea about prosthetic limb control or the nervous system.

@JoeJ: once again, i did not say we can build a brain and you do not know what i think. Your claims should be founded. And no, it is not only “regions”, and brain computer interfacing works, more sophisticated versions are in an experimental state. It can be invasive or even non-invasive, and it is not just muscles as actuators.

Examples:

https://robotics.sciencemag.org/content/4/31/eaaw6844

Sensory signals can be transmitted to the cortex:

https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/8/361/361ra141

This is, of course not yet for the masses, but we don't need to be prophets to say that it will be.

Advertisement

Green_Baron said:

@nikito : you have no idea.

A typical religious answer….

Maybe Calin and Green Baron can unite their resources and answer to this mystery -

NikiTo said:
Maybe Calin and Green Baron can unite their resources and answer to this mystery

After science became your god, no more mysteries exist.

@Green_Baron Could you teach me how to use my visual cortex for general computing?
I want to be able to close my eyes on exams and use the parallel computing capabilities of my visual cortex to solve math problems faster.

Can you please teach me how to GPGPU inside my brain? Please!

@JoeJ I think brain is a parasite that controls our bodies. That's it!
Mystery solved!

Advertisement

JoeJ said:
After science became your god, no more mysteries exist.

he never claimed mankind has all the answers.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Green_Baron said:
@JoeJ: once again, i did not say we can build a brain

You did, by saying:

Green_Baron said:
But we know well how it works

… if you know how something works, you could build it. Sou your first claim intended we know everything about the brain. You did not restrict this to something like neural interfaces in the first place, this seemed more like a proof of how all-knowing we are.

And i picked it up to have some fun here. Sorry, it was not meant bad.

Guys, you don't know me, i can't be offended over the internet. But i have an allergy against baseless claims and personal opinions being put as general knowledge. Because it happens too much and it leads to fake and general dumbing down.

And the only points i made are those that i explicitly wrote. There is nothing more to interpret, only what you project into them.

And if you like you can still model something nice on the subject in the computer. Start with …. Convay's Game Of Life ? Now, was that mean from my side :-))

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement