Advertisement

What makes a human different from monkeys/other animals

Started by May 14, 2020 07:20 PM
178 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

WGS_Stillwater said:
same computational load that our brain presents

We don't know if computational power can represent a brain at all.

Thus your claims, although sounding technical and logical, are more religion than any kind of fact ; )

WGS_Stillwater said:
current consumer hardware is a farcry from being able to handle the same computational load

I think this is similar to the belief that a human physics driven rig is supper expensive (a belief I shared myself until the other day)

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

@WGS_Stillwater You talk like you know how a brain works.

My point is, if the robot is better than humans in some area, humans could be replaced in that area.
And robots are better than humans in so many areas right now.

After 100 years, when AI becomes a reality, humans could be completely replaced.

Can you replace one of your hands? I don't think you can replace a hand of yours. Robots can do it as if nothing special.

Nobody knows how a brain works.
Maybe there IS a soul.
But if a robot performs better than an amazing priceless human with immortal soul,…. still, the robot wins. Because it outperforms a human.

No matter how divine a human is. Robot will take the job of the human if the robot can pack merchandise faster in the factory.

This is what matters at the end of the day.
And a robot is forever. A human is beautiful only for 30 years. A human is strong only for 30 years. Rest of the life of a human is a meh.

Even right now, robots are better in so many field. And after 100 years when we get AI, robots will FAIRLY overtake deprecated humans.

And if somebody wants so much a robot to be unpredictable just as a real human, remember, robots can do it too - just randomize() the behavior and program it to lie. If being an accurate human is so valuable for somebody, a robot can do it, but a human can not do so many of the things a robot can do.

@calin In this movie a human is moved inside a computer. Robocop is just a human with prostheses.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2209764/

In this movie a human is moved inside a computer too -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154916/

If you can move yourself inside a computer and get an immortal robotic body, then you can try to be a match for a robot.

same computational load that our brain presents

like modern computers my guess is that most data processing load is graphics related, we see at a very hi resolution, that takes a lot of band width between our eyes and our brain, once inside the brain all this data needs to be interpreted. Same thing applies to all other sensors in our body, all this data needs to be interpreted. Your eyes provide two 2d images transforming these into a 3d scene ( building 3d objects out of 2d pixels) takes a lot of `CPU` power.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

damn. can't fix typos in drawings >:(

JoeJ said:
damn. can't fix typos in drawings >:(

A robot can…

sTOP IT.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement