Advertisement

RTS ideas

Started by September 03, 2024 03:04 PM
4 comments, last by Enebro 9 hours, 37 minutes ago

I'd like to see an RTS where one faction has troops enhanced with Animal traits (gills, wings, claws, fangs, frog legs!), Vs a Tech faction (metal skeleton, pneumatic legs, oil for blood) Upgrading troops into Monsters and Cyborgs would be half the fun!

That's a cool idea, but how the idea gets delivered is all the programming and art skill.

I'm into the robots myself, my game is about building robots and putting them into battle to win fights, the actual technical side (Which is the important bit.) Is I make the bots models fully script cadded, so all the robots bodies are just as much code as the rest of the game, so the whole thing is code there is no art editor in the game, and the terrains, landscapes - are procedurally generated heightmaps, so they all have a script, and it gets raytraced onto the screen. So I actually dont make art for the game in the usual sense, the whole thing is actually code - even the graphics!!

So you need to work out your technical side of your production, and that actually makes the game what it is, how u put it together, then u can actually make it happen,

Advertisement

Modding an existing RTS may be simpler than build it from scratch

@undefined Hey thanks Magnus, I've mucked around with a few of the Gamemaker Pro demos they're actually pretty good, my only input would be coming up with ideas, storylines and art.

@undefined Thanks! That would save me a heap of time, good idea 👍

Advertisement