🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
160 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 6 months ago

Trying again with the before/after pictures:

Advertisement

Look Mom, I'm on TV! :D

Anyway, the site lost some contrast in the redesign, like every redesign of anything lately. Lost some color too. Now it's all black and white icons, foreground and background colors are more and more similar, and so on. It looks good on screenshots, but functionally it feels like a step back.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that I can't scroll the notifications/bell window. It is full of notifications about this thread (because I can't unsubscribe from it :) ) and it can't be scrolled, or cleared.

Also, I don't know what I did but this just happened:

(assume there was an image uploaded here that didn't get posted :( Click here instead: https://imgur.com/a/FzMAhzN)

Just FYI - select quote has been implemented.

Also addressed this:

Green_Baron said:
Typing the asterisk (like one would do when saying 8*8=64) more than once in a post causes them to disappear and the text between the two positions (or from the first on ?) to jump to italics.

And other items.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Something has got to be done about the page load speeds. It looks like it must be doing some complex stuff on the server-side rendering, because I'm getting 5-10 second lags navigating from page to page, to pull down about 18 kb of HTML.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

Can confirm the page load "speed". Going back and forth between pages in this thread takes several seconds each.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Working on the page load.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I keep getting logged out, even though I check the Remember Me flag. Not using Google Sign In.

There doesn't seem to be a way to report an account while looking at their profile, only possible to report e.g. a post they make?

Hello to all my stalkers.

All my image folders are now in something called 'Portfolios', but I don't seem to be able to edit any of them to add new screenshots etc.

If I click the 'edit' button, top right, it just does nothing.

See more of "Something Ate My Alien" at http://www.somethingatemyalien.com

Lactose said:

I keep getting logged out, even though I check the Remember Me flag. Not using Google Sign In.

There doesn't seem to be a way to report an account while looking at their profile, only possible to report e.g. a post they make?

I believe this is fixed.

RoKabium Games said:

All my image folders are now in something called 'Portfolios', but I don't seem to be able to edit any of them to add new screenshots etc.

If I click the 'edit' button, top right, it just does nothing.

That content menu was misleading on the Portfolio page, so I've updated it. The place to modify the Portfolios would be in your Dashboard under the Portfolios menu. It's pretty straightforward from there. Each "Portfolio" you create can be considered a folder in the old Gallery, and you can make as many of those as you'd like. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Admin for GameDev.net.

khawk said:
I believe this is fixed.

I was logged out again now.

Selective quote doesn't appear if selecting text right-to-left, and then mistakenly appears upon deselect.

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement