🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
160 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 6 months ago

Yay pagination is back! :)

Testing editing now...

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement

Nope, editing a post is still not possible at all. Jumps to the top of the page with no editor coming up.

Probably a side effect of setting the pagination: I can't access any older entries of my blog at all now from the profile page. Just the few that show on the "first" page. Could be missing the pagination controls?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

It looks very good! I like the new feel. Unfortunately the layout of some of my projects and articles has gotten a bit messed up, with links expanding to a frame containing illegible information. I have tried to work around the issues by editing my content but that has made things worse and I have the impression now that save has stopped working altogether. Please let me know if you need more information. It will be great when these things can be fixed.

New update online. Editor was the focus this round, and I think a lot of the weird problems have been resolved. Yay for silly bugs in 3rd party code!

Here's a full list of changes:

• Forum pagination, as you've noticed
  • Added copy links for posts in a topic

• Fixed URL embeds - here's a Tweet:
  • Fixed cursor jumping and URL craziness in the editor. Now I can type https://www.gamedev.net and not have to worry about which gremlin is going to pop out and eat my words at the top of the editor, as it should be.
  • Fixed the scroll jump when copy and pasting, clicking, etc with the editor. I should have read the editor's developer documentation for settings. Oops.
  • Fixed inline code markup - use the ` around text you want to inline
  • Fixed minor page formatting issues

Sounds like some people might be seeing some server caching issues. I'll look at that. Also about to push another update to fix notifications. Another silly mistake.

Just typing this post I'm seeing a huge improvement in the editor's feel and functionality. There are definitely still quirks (undo/redo seems off, images through the toolbar, etc), but it's much better. I hope everyone else experiences the same!

Admin for GameDev.net.

I missed the launch party, but congratulations anyway :) At first glance, the new site feels "too different", it will take some time to get used to. Meanwhile, here's some issues I noticed so far:

Forum pagination is still missing quick "go to last/first page" buttons, as well as a way to go to first unread post.

It seems like old reputation points are no longer attached to old posts.

In the settings, Interests in the Settings/Content page don't correspond to interests in the Profile page (Profile keeps previous settings while Content had them all selected). There are more options in the Profile page than in the Content page, but those options show up as autocomplete only, there is no list of options too choose from. Also, the Settings/Content page had shown that I was subscribed to the GameDev.Net Newsletter. I think I wasn't subscribed to it before (I didn't receive any anyway :) ) It's possible that those parts of the Content page just show "all selected" as defaults.

It's expected that there must be a few things left over to fix after the switch, but read/unread tracking on the forum is a critical feature. I find it strange that the new platform was released without it.

And as a random, low-priority, totally-not-worth-doing feature request: now that there are both light and dark mode, it would be nice to have different profile images for the two modes. I would like to put up an image with a dark background for all the people browsing in dark mode :)

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing: After posting I got a notification about my reply. That notification is probably not necessary :)

The notifictations can be switched off in the profile i think.

My last reply is shown in my activity, but does not appear in the thread.

And i wish i had cancel/save buttons when editing ...

The notifictations can be switched off in the profile i think.

My last reply is shown in my activity, but does not appear in the thread.

And i wish i had cancel/save buttons when editing ...

The notifications can be switched off in the profile, i think ...

My last post appears in my activities in the profile, but does not show up in the thread.

Odd. my notifications are on, yet I never get anything via email - just shows in the bell icon, but no actual highlight or numbers. Pretty much I wouldn't know if someone replied unless I clicked it and checked.

Anyone else notice when you post sometimes your post never shows? When I checked in another browser or logged off it will show, then I log back in and it's now there. Strange...

Programmer and 3D Artist

Yep, i noticed. It seems like it takes some time until a post shows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement