🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
160 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 6 months ago

@khawk

Is there any way to get notifications on blog posts?

I also found I cannot like other people's content on blogs, and the same is happening on their end. I can like only my own comments:

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/704588-where-to-find-artists/5418162/

Replies to this topic are not visible (Germany, Chrome on Android).

I confirm I can also not see the replies, Firefox, Windows.

1/ I can't find a way to add a banner (or image) to my blog post as before, and I see other blog posts that have one. Am I missing something ?2/ My last blog post got way less views than my usual average. Has anyone else experienced something similar ?

The blog post banner is under the Settings menu for the blog post. Click the gear icon and a panel will be available with the various settings, including the cover photo.

Traffic was light last week with the US holiday across the board. I'd expect views to pick up for the next several weeks until end of the year when traffic historically goes down again.

RoKabium Games said:
I just did a 'clear' on the image, and then uploaded it again, and it still is picking the profile image and stretching that.

You're right, there was a bug here. Fixed in next update.

Rutin said:
Is there any way to get notifications on blog posts?

Not at the moment. I'm overall not happy with notifications, so once enough of these usability issues are addressed I'll revamp notifications.

Rutin said:
I also found I cannot like other people's content on blogs, and the same is happening on their end. I can like only my own comments:

Fixed.

Beosar said:
https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/704588-where-to-find-artists/5418162/ Replies to this topic are not visible (Germany, Chrome on Android).

Any idea why your post was hidden? I've unhid it. The post counter isn't taking spam posts into account (there's one on that topic), so that needs to be fixed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

No idea why my post was hidden, maybe I accidentally clicked on "Hide"? Very unlikely though, I would have remembered it disappearing. It was visible last time I left and then hidden when I came back.

(Test post for hiding.)

Edit: Can't hide it, I have no permission.

I often seem to get an unstyled GDNet home page on first load, and then if I refresh the page I get the properly-styled version. Had assumed that was just a cache issue, but having cleared my browser cache a few times it's still occurring - any chance it's a backend or CDN caching issue?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

swiftcoder said:

I often seem to get an unstyled GDNet home page on first load, and then if I refresh the page I get the properly-styled version. Had assumed that was just a cache issue, but having cleared my browser cache a few times it's still occurring - any chance it's a backend or CDN caching issue?

Yeah possible. I saw this today for the first and only time on mobile. It's possible it's related to site updates because I was confirming a site update was all clear on mobile when it happened. My theory is the cache will be invalidated from new style/JS builds each server push. But this isn't my area of expertise either so I'll need someone to look at it.

Admin for GameDev.net.

undefined said:
On an unrelated note, I just noticed that I can't scroll the notifications/bell window. It is full of notifications about this thread (because I can't unsubscribe from it :) ) and it can't be scrolled, or cleared.

In the meantime, the notification window got a scrollbar, but it still can't scroll (the scrollbar is grayed out as if there isn't enough content to scroll)

Mysterious bug. Going to the networking sub-forum, I see this:

Clicking any of those Authoritative Server topics, just shows the list of topics again.

If I click the user, I can see they posted a message and read the first few lines, but clicking "read more" shows me an empty page with an empty reply textbox.

Either this is poor behavior after a message got moderated, or it's poor behavior when a message didn't quite "Make it" all the way to publicly readable?

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement