πŸŽ‰ Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! πŸŽ‰

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
160 comments, last by khawk 4Β years, 6Β months ago

Now it doesn't save edits at all.

This time it didn't crash, it just loads forever (it still loads in the tab I posted the previous post).

And sorry for posting 3 times, I would have edited the post if it had worked...

If I switch tabs in Chrome on Android, the editor is larger than the viewport and I have to switch to landscape mode to see everything.

Advertisement

Hi... Just got loads of notifications about this post.

I presume because I commented on it months ago.

How can I turn off notifications for just this post, I cant see where to do that?

I want notifications on other posts I'm involved with, but not this one, so I don't want to turn it off system wide in settings.

Thanks, Rob.

See more of "Something Ate My Alien" at http://www.somethingatemyalien.com

The notifications (which I don't want, didn't ask for, and can't turn off) contain a bunch of css garbage when viewed as plain text (which I always do, because html email is an abomination).

I also have the settings checkboxes not working issue in Firefox. The POST request is sent and the settings do actually apply, it just looks like a caching issue with the returned page.

After enabling both Alert Notifications and Email Notifications and reloading the page (the previous state was alerts on, emails off):

In Firefox: (Missing checked attribute from Email

<div class="custom-control custom-checkbox mb-2">
    <input name="notify_alert" type="checkbox" class="custom-control-input" id="checkNotifyFollower" checked>
    <label class="custom-control-label" for="checkNotifyFollower">Alerts notifications</label>
</div>
<div class="custom-control custom-checkbox">
    <input name="notify_email" type="checkbox" class="custom-control-input" id="checkNotifyContent" >
    <label class="custom-control-label" for="checkNotifyContent">Email notifications</label>
</div>

In Chrome: (Correctly updated)

<div class="custom-control custom-checkbox mb-2">
	<input name="notify_alert" type="checkbox" class="custom-control-input" id="checkNotifyFollower" checked>
	<label class="custom-control-label" for="checkNotifyFollower">Alerts notifications</label>
</div>
<div class="custom-control custom-checkbox">
	<input name="notify_email" type="checkbox" class="custom-control-input" id="checkNotifyContent" checked>
	<label class="custom-control-label" for="checkNotifyContent">Email notifications</label>
</div>

Seems like any settings I change or any posts I make can take a minute or so to take effect/display.

Also, somehow my email notifications setting got turned on.

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚<←The tone posse, ready for action.

ED: this post was immediately displayed so maybe it's good now

I tried to add this to the above post but either I can't edit or it's slow to display. :(

I've made an edit 2 posts above and added another post reporting that my edit wasn't showing. Edit was made 3/4 minutes ago and post was made 2 minutes ago. Neither are showing as I type this.

I can confirm, editing doesn't work on any of my devices.

There is definitely some kind of problems and 'Portfolios' and adding new images to a previous one. This has happened 3 times to me now.

I added a new image at the bottom, then pressed 'save', and then it showed the same image twice. (also, there needs to be some kind of message here when your press save or something saying 'saving', as it's quite easy to think nothing is happening and then press buttons or refresh etc)

So, then I deleted the 'duplicate', and then it deletes the duplicate, but then the first one is now displaying as a blank image.

If you then try to view the portfolios, you get a '502 Bad Gateway': https://gamedev.net/portfolios/1006-sama/

I'm not going to change anything now, so you can see the problems on my account. It's the image at the end called 'Crumble Crab fossil'.

See more of "Something Ate My Alien" at http://www.somethingatemyalien.com

The new website is terrible:

• I can't see what threads have new posts since the last time I saw them.
  • I just posted some reply in a thread, I couldn't see it even after refreshing the browser, so I posted again. Then I saw both replies.
  • I can't delete one of the duplicates.
  • I tried to edit one of them, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I understand a big change like this will often need a bit of time to iron out all the kinks, but at this point the forums are nearly unusable. If things stay the way they are, I will probably stop contributing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement