🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
160 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 6 months ago

khawk said:
a light breeze said:
When not logged in, I can only view the last page of a forum thread. Clicking on any other page takes me to the last page instead. Again, this only happens when not logged in.

Fixed it, update coming shortly.

Thanks! Works now! Is it possible when someone quotes a post on page 10 for example that it jumps the user to the last post of the thread (page 11 in this case)?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement
khawk said:
Just FYI - select quote has been implemented.

I would like to report a bug with this: when I deselect selected text by clicking somewhere in it, another Quote button shows up below the cursor although no text is selected.

On a personal note, I really dislike the way select quote works. I like to select text one sentence/paragraph at a time while reading it (I guess it's a contrast thing), and i keep getting Quote buttons in my way. Would it be possible to move the quote button somewhere a bit out of the way? I don't think quoting selected text is used that often that the path to the button has to be minimized.

Few things:

The Portfolios at https://www.gamedev.net/portfolios/

Alot of the thumbnails look very blury. Looking at the image it has made for the thumb nail it seems a very small size, and then you've up-scaled it on that page, therefore making it blury.

Any chance of making the thumbnails slightly larger?

It's the same problem on our projects page and the Portfolio section: hhttps://www.gamedev.net/profile/250586-rokabium-games/

My Profile image isn't showing on the profile page. It seems to have taken my profile icon, and stretched it out up there.

Also, the About/Summary section is impossible to 'format', with carriage returns etc, because you've got it with quotes in the div, so it removes them all and it then displays it in 1 big line of text.

See more of "Something Ate My Alien" at http://www.somethingatemyalien.com

I'm not sure if this is just me experiencing this still but comments are still delayed, and if load the same page logged out in another browser the results are updated, but not during my login session.

Example:

Chrome - Logged in:

Firefox - Logged out:

Both at the same time. I believe last time when I logged out on Chrome and back in the results also updated.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Editing still not working in Firefox, there are no buttons to save or cancel...

Edit: Buttons are there, just hidden behind the elements below (in this case the box for a new reply). Just deleted the node in the Inspector and now I can save the edit. Great.

RoKabium Games said:
Alot of the thumbnails look very blury. Looking at the image it has made for the thumb nail it seems a very small size, and then you've up-scaled it on that page, therefore making it blury. Any chance of making the thumbnails slightly larger?

Yes, I can look at this. I think Portfolio thumbnail size/layout may have been finalized after the thumbnail setting was decided.

RoKabium Games said:
My Profile image isn't showing on the profile page. It seems to have taken my profile icon, and stretched it out up there. Also, the About/Summary section is impossible to 'format', with carriage returns etc, because you've got it with quotes in the div, so it removes them all and it then displays it in 1 big line of text.

And this. For the profile image, if it doesn't find a cover image then it uses the profile icon, which will naturally be stretched. Another option is to add a cover image to your profile. I think the About/Summary is an oversight but easily fixed.

Rutin said:
I'm not sure if this is just me experiencing this still but comments are still delayed, and if load the same page logged out in another browser the results are updated, but not during my login session.

I just realized you were talking about blog comments. Up to now I thought you were referring to forum replies, and I had trouble replicating. But yes, this problem I do know about. It posts the comment and usually a simple refresh will show it, but perhaps you're hitting a cache issue. Either way, I'll bump this in priority so it's less confusing.

Beosar said:

Editing still not working in Firefox, there are no buttons to save or cancel...

Edit: Buttons are there, just hidden behind the elements below (in this case the box for a new reply). Just deleted the node in the Inspector and now I can save the edit. Great.

Haven't addressed the FF issues yet. The edit issue appears to be the worst at the moment, so it's coming up soon.

Several updates pushed today but primarily for security/spam defense that most users won't notice.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Hi, well done on the new look, it's really nice ! I just have a couple of questions about blog posting though:

1/ I can't find a way to add a banner (or image) to my blog post as before, and I see other blog posts that have one. Am I missing something ?

2/ My last blog post got way less views than my usual average. Has anyone else experienced something similar ?

Thanks to the gamedev team for everything you are doing for this community, it's awesome !

Where to purchase my Sound Effects: https://www.bamsfx.com/

Special coupon code just for the Gamedev community: GAMEDEV2021

And follow me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/ogsoundfx

khawk said:
And this. For the profile image, if it doesn't find a cover image then it uses the profile icon, which will naturally be stretched. Another option is to add a cover image to your profile. I think the About/Summary is an oversight but easily fixed.

I did have a cover image, and it was still picking my profile image and stretching it.

I just did a 'clear' on the image, and then uploaded it again, and it still is picking the profile image and stretching that.

See more of "Something Ate My Alien" at http://www.somethingatemyalien.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement