🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sweden VS......:)

Started by
74 comments, last by Jewelaye 24 years, 3 months ago
Ahhh, nationalism
Advertisement
Let me explain lil bit. Pressure between Finland to Swedin or Sweden to Norway is bit like pressure between Usa and Canada or vice versa. Finns have all canadiens-look-like- trash-cans jokes about Swedish people and Sweden has that kind of jokes about Norway mainly because they -had- their oil and -were- much richer than Sweden ;-)

Basically what irritates me with Americans is their arrogant central position attitude. Once in Atlanta during olympic games they asked from cab driver do you know anything about scandinavia, he said was that 19th or 20th state..? Strange...

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
Oh, I understand the rivalries between all the Scandanavian countries, it is just that I am not ever exposed to it. I don''t usually think about it.

I also hate most Americans'' center-of-the-world views. I know that you are generalizing, but not everyone thinks like that.
Oh, and I know about how there are many, many uneducated people in the US. We get to hear all sorts of statistics about how a large percentage of American High School seniors can''t point of the USA on an unmarked world map, or their own state on an unmarked US map, and other similar findings. These stats blow my mind, there is no way I''ll ever be that ignorant, but there are some people that are. I don''t understand it any more than the next guy (or gal).
Weee!! I''m from Sweden!
vadå,,?? Charta77 er ju bra! tex: Tiga är guld, Herrarna i sand lådan och mitt kors,, bara för att nämna några,, jaja,, sen har vi Dia Psalma som gör en del bra låtar och har en del bra Covers..

btw.. Bor i västergötland, Falköping... Satsar hårt på min C++ DX codning..
I''m sorry but as long as Sweden don''t have flatrate internet access like the US, I do not consider Sweden to be the no 1 tech country. Sure, research shows that a greater percentage of Swedish people have access to the internet but it also shows that even those who have access can''t afford to use it the way the Americans do. All because of the former phone monopoly and Telia''s policy of charging per minute even for local calls. Hopefully most people will get flatrate broadband access soon, then Sweden will be on top.

Henry
-En Stockholmare

Not long ago (1/2 year maybe) some international survay reported (bad word but hey I''m danish) that Denmark had the greatest number of PC''s (compared to population)....

Pretty good for a pathetic country....

USA was no. 2.
-------------Ban KalvinB !
HEHEHE! hows up guys!
youre seem to have a lot of fun on my topic!
Muhahaha....=)
IM from a nowadays very sunny part of sweden!!!
SKÅNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say that snow sucks......

Med mycket vänliga hällsningar /jewelaye
With very friendly greetings /jewelaye*
jewelaye- didnt think that i have to translate my name.....
but if its neccesary ; jewel - juvel
aye - eye -öga..........hehehehe.......

Jewelaye
Hi all =)

It is nice to hear about everybody''s country so I would
just like to add that Malaysia is a great country too =).
It is pretty peaceful here and there are many races living
together in harmony =) Okay, okay, I am taking this
opportunity to promote my own country =) So if you make
any holiday trips this year, please do come on down to
Malaysia =)

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement