🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sweden VS......:)

Started by
74 comments, last by Jewelaye 24 years, 3 months ago
Every country has it''s great inventions. What would we do without paper, nowadays? It''s from china. (PsYcHoPrOg forgot to mention the residents of South Park )
Oh, and the thing, what you''re looking at while reading this, was invented by a german. (The picture tube).
Advertisement
Spiff: Nokia 4ever, ericson goes down

OK. I think that Sweden is pretty good country with technology, atleast I think that your technical culture is pretty close to Finnish one, that is really high in my opinion (when comparing to USA for an example).

And not to say that USA doesn''t have technological skills, but they are too slow when it comes to changing and updating old ideas... too big country.

Fact: 70% (if I remember right) of people in Finland has own mobilephone, many times even two, and Finland has biggest user amount on internet when compared with the size of nation... I''m sorry, but I cannot remember percentages and I don''t want to just throw something from hat.
Now, I''m mostly comparing with USA. When it comes to US, they still have poor mobilephone technology (I''m laffing everyday over here for those 4*standard size cell phones), and still pretty small amount of people use internet.

Kan man få fråga all svenskar här var dom bor någonstans?
Jag bor i västerbotten, i skellefteå för att vara exakt

Martin Björklund
Diemonex Games
Jewelaye - Thread = ordagrant: tråd, ''post'' är väl en mer adekvat översättning i detta fallet.

> Hi you from finland! Do you regulary teach you Swedish?
Why dont we tech us the Language of Finland?????

Why? Simply because Finland was a part of Sweden for 500 years not all that long ago (Can''t remember exactly how long though). That''s why.

> Spiff: Nokia 4ever, ericson goes down

Didn''t you bother to do some research first? Actually, Ericsson goes better than Nokia at the present time and Ericsson also has a wider market (meaning more diffrent kinds of products). Only a minor (15-30% ?) piece of Ericssons market share is from cellphones, unlike Nokia. As far as the market analytics they claim Ericsson to be more stable since cellphones is something of a trend thing, one or two inadequate models and you can very well be screwed. Ericsson would survive something like that much better than Nokia.

> Fact: 70% (if I remember right) of people in Finland has own mobilephone, many times even two

Cellphones isn''t everything in life man... There''s much more to it...like discmans and mp3 players Though, I bet the statistics for Sweden are somewhat the same. For example my family own a total of 4 cellphones split among 5 people, now thats 80% .

"I think, therefore I am...I think"
Anonym arne:
Jag håller med om att mycket svensk musik suger (kanske inte get-pung), men det finns mycket grym också som Kent, Caesar''s Palace, Millencolin, Antiloop, Petter, Liberator, Sahara Hotnights etc.

Diemonxed:
Skelleftå e ganska coolt, jag var där på trästocksfestival för nått år sen, det var ett straightedge band som klädde av sig nakna och slog sönder alla instrument, det var lite kul Grym golfbana också. Men Höganäs ska man bo i.

Tobias Johansson
Diemonxed:
I live a little bit outside of Gothenburg.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Actually, Sweden is better than Finland in two cases:
When you want to change your gender(Our teacher from canada said something like that, and continued that it is commonly known fact)

And if you want to wave swastika flag(nazi) flag ( =( )
I don''t know, why doncha announce your country as legal neo-nazi country =( Of course tell me if I''m wrong that being neo-nazi is almost regular there?
Of course these are stereotyphical things, but what the hell I don''t really care as long as I can do whatever I want.

And what comes to Nokia Ericson(whatever) situation Ericson is going down if they can''t get mucho money and good phones. Fact is that Nokia controls mobile phone indrusty with Motorola and Ericson is 3rd or 4th...

Hey finnish and swedish people, know that there is other IT countries like Japan(which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy much powerful than both together or for example Israel which has many top tech companies.)

Thought you are from sweden, can you please keep the language in english? It is more use for everyone of us...

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
I must say that *ler* sounds silly. Couldn''t you say *flinar* or something? BTW I have noticed that it is mostly girls who says *ler*. Why?
Arch@on - as I explained earlier Ericsson doesn''t only do cellphones. It''s a minor part of their income.

As for being nazi, it''s okay unless you show it in public (personal freedom..). Waving a swastika flag is not legal. Nor is spreading racistic or nazi music. However, yes it is a problem. For example there was recently a syndicalist propagting against nazism murdered. But really, America has KKK. It the same thing just in a diffrent flavor.

Diamondex: Värmland, Karlstad

> Jag håller med om att mycket svensk musik suger

Svensk musik suger inte! Här finns fullt med begåvningar (Thåström, hint hint. Imperiet är ju bara bra ). Alla kanske inte är så värst kända, visst. Men varför skulle utländsk musik vara bättre? Charta 77, DLK, Ebba...fan va mycket bra skit det finns i vårt vackra land .

"I think, therefore I am...I think"
det verkar som om alla svenska programmerare på gamedev.net kommer från södra Sverige!

Finns det ingen som kommer i från mellersta eller norra Sverige? (Typ Hälsingland, Gästrikland)

Det vore kul att veta, för själv bor jag i Hälsingland!

//Metus
Ethereal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement