🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sweden VS......:)

Started by
74 comments, last by Jewelaye 24 years, 3 months ago
Reply to Mr. Anonymous poster:

First of all, Sweden has a law that says you can bring 1 litres of alcohol (ren sprit) through customs, while EU wants us to higher this every year until it's 10 litres in 2004 (they said this on "Rapport") and that means that EU controls the swedish people's health, is that reasonable?

Second, this spam law is as far as I know no swedish invention, neither do we want it, but since EU likes to "normalize" everything in the EU countries, they simply decided to make it law.

I'm not into politics at all, so don't blame me for being ignorant, this is all I know about EU, but what I know is not good.

I also thought of something else quite intresting, C and/or C++ (not sure about that) is invented by a norweigian called Bjarne (something). This isn't to the swedes advantage, but still

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

Edited by - Spiff on 3/27/00 7:38:17 AM
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Advertisement
FINLAND RULZ!!!!

Check out: www.finnishgames.com

And DL these GREAT Home-made games:
1. Liero
2. I''ve got some balls

Liero is on the the BEST game I have ever played.
It''s is said to be Quake in 2D

(bara det svenska språket är bra)
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
jag skulle bara vilja meddela att det är soligt i stockholm nu...
-
i would just like to say that the sun is shining in stockholm
"Look mom, a demoscener! Can i keep it?"
Spiff - yes C++ is invented by a nowegian, Bjarne Storstrup. C however isnt the work of some darn norwegian

Btw, EU does not control swedens health if they raise the amount of alcohol we can bring into the country. I mean, i cant dink lotsa alcohol and say its EU fault if im getting sick, well i counld if it was the U.S
I do think its kinda absurd to take in that amount of alcoholic drinks through customs, and I think no "normal swede" whos on vacation will ever bring in thoose amounts
I havent heard aout that spam law, but if its true, which i think cause ya all said so it really sux!

Martin Björklund
Diemonex Games
Spiff,

First, the spam law. The article below says the Swedish law proposal goes against what the other countries in Europe has decided so I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with EU. To me, this sounded just like the kind of law that our social democratic government would come up with from the first time I heard about it:

http://nyheter.idg.se/display.pl?ID=000221-CS7

Second, the alcohol. This is one of the few good things about EU to me and a majority of the population in Sweden. While some speculate that it will negatively affect the health of the population there are others who say that it will dramaticly reduce the crimes connected to liquor smuggling etc. Besides, you could look at the trade aspect of it. Would it be ok if the other EU countries put restrictions on the amount of Ericsson phones that we could export to them? That would cause unemployment here (the analogy is not totally flawed since there are speculations that mobile phones might cause cancer, just like alcohol has its health issues).

Like I said, I am not a big fan of the EU myself but your arguments are some of the worst arguments that one could use against the union.

Btw, I do sign my posts so you really don''t need to refer to me as Anonymous Poster... or are you less anonymous because you log in under the name ''Spiff''?

Henry
I think that the European Union is a good first step in unifying europe. And since it was just recently formed (5-10 years ago?) it still has some quirks to straighten out in order to become a fully functional union of european countries.

My guess is that the European Union will be, if not renamed-reformed-or-replaced, a fully working and productive union in about a hundred or two-hundred years. However i also suspect that like the US of A the EU will also see some type of civil-war before that. This because of the simple fact that history WILL repeat itself in some way, somewhere, if not avoided by carefully studying it (As seen on the Discovery Channel).

PLEASE do NOT assume that i say this to in any way hurt anybody''s feelings, I say this because this is what I believe, and I believe that history do repeat it self. If you do not trust me in that, then pick up a good history book and you can see for your self.

So please be carefull with accusations against other ethnicities, believes, traditions. What you think is good fun and unharmfull, may to someone else seem to be a personal accusation of such immense that it in them may cause irreversible hatred towards you.

Now kids:
And that is how you can start a war. Look at what Hitler did and you see what I mean. (Hitler: "Blame the jews and all those who are different from you!" - this is not an actual quote but a personal summary of his campaign of war)

Ps.
Swedish music is very good, execpt in some cases mostly when the lyrics are written in swedish.
And I also think that (American)English should become the primary language in Sweden and the European Union.

Oh, by the way, excuse me if I have written to much or expressed fellings that for others may seem offending.
Ds.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement