Advertisement

I am ZONTAR

Started by March 17, 2000 12:07 PM
83 comments, last by Zontar 24 years, 6 months ago
OK, I''ll come clean.

TANSTAAFL, after being gigantically entertained by Zontar at the GDC, created the Zontar account and handed it over to me. Pat Down and I were doing the postings as Zontar.

I was rather surprised, though, that it took a week for someone to connect the Zontar persona with the Zontar described in my diary.

Consider your collective selves trolled, guys!

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

Nice try, LaMeR. For I am the REAL ZONTAR, whom you mocked in the press room. Even then, I could sense that you were almost as evil as Hasbro itself. So that is why my 733+ army of hackers is coming after you next, after all these gamedev losers. The biggest software company in Watauga will be brought to its knees!!!

Mwahahahahaha!

And for all you LaMeRz who are making fun of VB, be scared that I now know HTML AND java-script. No one connected to the interntet is safe from me!
------------------------------------------------------------I once won an award for "The most gratuitous use of the word 'Belgium' in a serious screenplay, but some white robots stole it from me.
Advertisement
Ok "Zontar", now yer milkin'' it. So i give ya Thumbs Down, boy. It was funny while it lasted, tho
--BerLan
johnhattan: troll! I C0nSiD3r m4S3lF f00l3d.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
I''m sure ZonTAr ( or whatever his name is)
is just doing this to wind you all up. Even he can''t be stupid enough to think that he can screw up all our computers =)

Oh and by the way... my Nick has nothing to do with some lame hacker name... it''s just my initials that have been fiddled with a bit =)

J2xC

------------------------------
About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
Get lost ZOOOOONTARRRR!!
(chaky...) Its enough now!!! By my meaning!
So stop the crap and get serious!
/jewelaye

Jewelaye
Advertisement
Did the last two posters not get the joke?
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me

Heh...Yes I do believe the last two posters missed the explanation.

Nucleus Software
*Tony Chamblee*
Liquid Flame Software
That last post was me, btw, and was more for John''s amusement than anything. But I think ZONTAR is dead now.

Dave
ZONTAR cannot be destroide!

ZONTAR is immortal!

ZONTAR is greater than those Dave and John LaMeRz put together!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

------------------------------------------------------------I once won an award for "The most gratuitous use of the word 'Belgium' in a serious screenplay, but some white robots stole it from me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement