🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I am ZONTAR

Started by
83 comments, last by Zontar 24 years, 3 months ago
Potsticker-why do you say VB sucks at string manipulation? I hope that was a typo. It can manipulate the hell out of any string. If you don''t believe me pick up a copy of Code Complete and see what language Steve McConnell thinks is the best for string manipulation. (p. 49)

bcj
Advertisement
Depends, if all you want to do is take advantage of stupid people and bring down email systems, you can just use VBA.

But who cares? Hacking is for bored teenagers who don''t get any action. Real men create games and get the chicks.
I meant as far as speed is concerned.

And I have code complete sitting right beside me

Edited by - Potsticker on 3/17/00 6:19:36 PM
C''mon guys, give the guy (the guy who''s nick is Zontar) a break. One of his friends probably nabbed his ISP password, knows he posts here, and wrote this um... dumb message. If it was indeed him and not some prankster...I just don''t know what to say except that he reminds me of those pre-teen posters in alt.2600

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
None of us are bashing Zontar for posting that message . We think it''s funny. I''m pretty sure most of us assumed it was a joke, and liked it. Thanks for the laugh Zontar, I''m going to start quaking....ahhh a shiver . Bye - Cloxs

"When people tell you they want to hear the truth, you know that their lying."
Hehe, ok. Sorry for misunderstanding .

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Well if you think VB is bad, ive heard and used even more evil and insidious tools...namely Visual Fortran and Visual Cobol to port ancient programs that had no reason to ever rear their ugly little heads in this day and age. Let me tell you, there aint nothing visual about these puppies...the horror, the horror!!!!! ARGHRHHRH!
KILL ME NOW!.....

<the programmer above, while suffering only a class 3 psychic herniation, eventually got to write the programs in C++. He now spends his time perfecting his anti-drool keyboard and picking his belly button lint.>
HAHAHAHAHA!

You have all fallen into the exceedingly kEwL trap of ZONTAR! Your names have all gone on my list, and you will all be marked for destruction by my army of eLeEt WaReZ DoOdZ who are at this moment writing VB programz that will destroy you all!

FeAr mE, LaMeRz!

------------------------------------------------------------I once won an award for "The most gratuitous use of the word 'Belgium' in a serious screenplay, but some white robots stole it from me.
Fear not, good children of the lord, but quake in fear evil doers! I shall deploy a mighty ASP site from which I will smite down upon thee.

And deliver fresh green goodies to all the good girls and boys.
Sheesh , and my girlfriend thinks I''m melodramatic.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement