🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My platfromer game with very minimalistic pixel art graphics

Started by
5 comments, last by SharpCoder 8 hours ago

Hello fellow developers

I started my journey with game dev and I working on a platfromer game with very minimalistic pixel art graphics. This is a short video that shows new features that I recently added to game. What do you think? 🙂

None

Advertisement

Well, looks top notch.

But i can give some minor art critique:

The stars a re too bright and dominate the image, although they're background. I would give them gradients of darker blue / cyan.

In a similar way, the player and platforms are too dark, while irrelevant torches dominate the image.

I see you aim for a darker mood, but personally i would prioritize gameplay, which includes making things easy to see.
But maybe that's just me. It's good. : )

I like this too!

@JoeJ Thanks I will make some minor changes 🙂

None

Dude, it was awesome! I really enjoy watching your game, and its style gives me a nostalgic feeling, reminding me of playing Terraria. Thank you for creating this game!

wally_boy said:

Dude, it was awesome! I really enjoy watching your game, and its style gives me a nostalgic feeling, reminding me of playing Terraria. Thank you for creating this game!

Thank you very much for support! 🙂 Recenlty I added new enemy type - ghosts.

None

Advertisement