Advertisement

What makes a human different from monkeys/other animals

Started by May 14, 2020 07:20 PM
178 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

… in this sense, also please notice my conclusion is not a matter of resignation or sarcasm.

But if humanity thinks it is better / smarter, whatever else - than other life on earth, then this is just the same issue of self gratulation. ‘Oh we are all so great and on the right track!’
We do no longer ask the proper questions, assumptions are our truth. The other group, the animals… we will fall with them if we continue with this madness.

Calin said:
Animals don`t trick, as Nikito already pointed to trick means to deceive.

Yes, they do, think about the cuckoo. It cannot be successful: imagine what happens when in a certain area more than half of the population become a cuckoo. The failure on the long-run is encoded in deceiving, it is not sustainable.

Calin said:
But that`s instinct they can`t adjust this strategy

And you were asking “what's the difference”.

Calin said:
As for us telling lies, it`s a process by which we defy reality ( we craft a plausible alternative to a concrete state of facts). That`s what makes us able to bend reality to our own will.

LOL, you made my day man! I still can't stop laughing!!! Do you seriously think we live in the Matrix?

I suggest you to climb to the top of a tall building, tell yourself you can fly and jump! Lets see if you can “bend reality to your will” or will it be the laws of physics that teaches you the hard way reality doesn't care about what you think! Hahahaha :-) Seriously, it doesn't matter how many people thinks Earth is flat, that won't make it flat! You can't bend nothing with lies, believing in them just lowers your chance of survival in the real world.

Cheers,
bzt

Advertisement

Well, nature is cruel.

Humans at least pretend to bring humanity to the world. And at least are a little bit capable of it.
Lions kill leopards for fun.
Bears kill all the kids of a stranger female bear in order to mate with her.

Humans should fix unfair nature.

Nature is about disproportion. Nature is still alive because life is strong. Not because it is balanced.
A single volcano can erase from existence thousands of whole species. This is natural.
Volcano would not ask if a fish just grew legs. The volcano would just vaporize that advance in evolution. How a volcano fits into evolution theory???

Then enter humans - find a way to use the power of volcanoes and prevent volcanoes from explosion. Humans should learn to control the anarchy of nature. Control the tsunamis. Weaken the tornadoes.

Only humans can control nature. Not yet, but maybe in the future.
ONLY humans are capable to develop rockets that are capable to protect the Earth from meteors.
Humans rule the Earth. This means they are superior.
Humans can save the whole Earth in the future. Humans could save the whole life on Earth. Cats can not do that even after millions of years. Not enough motivation.

Notice, petrol is something natural that comes from Nature. Nature destroyed pentabillions of tons of biomass in order to produce that oil. Don't forget petrol is a natural product.

God told Adam to take care of the Garden of Eden. A human IS superior and needs to take care of the animals. Ofc 99% of humans are corrupted.

But if that 1% of good humans create a laser capable of destroying incoming asteroids, Earth would be very very very grateful to humans.
Dogs can not create lasers. Dogs can only eat and sleep and repeat, eat and sleep and repeat and repeat and repeat until an asteroid for the N-th time erases 99% of the life on Earth.

The easiest thing is to treat humans as a “parasite to the planet”. Greta Thunberg is very popular and she offers an easy solution - blame it on others.

Now, in real life situation, in practice - Group A would adopt the easiest posture. Not the most novel or positive. The easiest solution. If i have group A and group B i can tell to all of them - If you follow my religion, i will allow you to marry your cousins. And everybody, literally everybody would come to my church. Logic, efficiency and evolution side…
The idea of - “Follow me and you will have tons of random sex with random people and smoke lot of weed all the time” - won millions of people in the 70s.

(Seagulls eat ONLY the eyes of the baby seals and leave them to die in suffer. Now who is more cruel? Nature or humans? Humans at least try to control their hunting quotas. Seagulls would not leave a single seal alive if they had the opportunity. Nature is not a paradise as Greta Thunberg claims. Nature is savage, cruel and chaotic. Some humans would try to kill all the seals, but other humans would try to stop them. Not seagulls… Seagulls have no moral. Would erase all the seals from the face of Earth. Is still nature better than humans? At least 1% of humans are worthy.)

Edit: Much less than 1% of humans. And the chances humans fix nature are too small. Still, potentially, a human representative could become much better than a psycho seagull. Much better morally and already much better intellectually.

JoeJ said:
we lack proofs

You don`t need serious proof you only need to believe in the good will/faith of some folks (which in normal conditions is presumed). So you only need to see if there is something obviously wrong (in records) about those four guys. If someone makes you an incredible offer and the person has a record of a simple and decent person in his day by day life it`s either a huge scam or something is wrong in the picture

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

NikiTo said:
Humans rule the Earth. This means they are superior.

I give you an upvote as gratulation, to help you believing in your own self deception. This is how it works.

Calin said:
You don`t need serious proof you only need to believe in the good will/faith of some folks (which in normal conditions is presumed). So you only need to see if there is something obviously wrong (in records) about those four guys. If someone makes you an incredible offer and the person has a record of a simple and decent person in his day by day life it`s either a huge scam or something is wrong in the picture

Too much riddle. Which 4 guys?

The four guys appear to make incredible statements, there is no evidence the guys were crooks. Conclusion? The guys are right.

Advertisement

Oh, so you mean Jensen, Musk, Jobs and Gates. Get it finally. Jesus - that took a while! ; )

JoeJ said:
I give you an upvote as gratulation, to help you believing in your own self deception. This is how it works.

You get back home and you see your house is burning. You enter your burning house and see a burglar in need of help and your pet-dog in need of help too.

Dog is on the left, burglar is on the right.

You need to choose who to save from burning alive in pain.

Who will you choose to save? Your beloved dog or the burglar who accidentally started a fire in your house while robbing you?

Who will you save? Show me your true colors!

JoeJ said:

No, man. They can. I know it when my little dog is dreaming in sleep. After we had a walk and met another dog, little dog is excited. Mostly after such days, my dog barks while sleeping. The bark is only quiet and different from barking while awake. Similar to humans just mumbling something while sleeping. Without any doubts, the dog is dreaming. And if you can dream, you can imagine.

I believe animals are there to help us understand ourselves.

NikiTo said:

Well, nature is cruel.

Upvoted to annihilate JoeJ`s upvote.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement