🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I would really appreciate some help with implementing the Inventory and pickup system in Tom Looman's Survival game.

Started by
2 comments, last by DoomOperator 4 years, 5 months ago

(SOLVED) Hello there lovely people at Game Dev. I am trying to Incorporate the inventory system and the pickup system. All i wish to achieve is the effect seen in the “Survival Game” From GitHub. I wish to have the weapon be picked up from the trace line and then go into the characters hand or back, the issue i am having is that instead of the weapon spawning at the socket on my character is spawns in the middle of the world/Map. Can someone please help?
I'm not sure what is going wrong here. There is a video showing my problem in the link below to my game dev page.

This Video is short. I will appreciate all the help i can get, have been trying to work on a C++ only inventory for weeks now. :/

This Code Below i thought would explain my issue but it doesn't.

My compiler shows no errors either.

void AArtifact::AttachMeshToPawn(EInventorySlot Slot)

{

if (MyPawn)

{

// Remove and hide

DetachMeshFromPawn();

USkeletalMeshComponent* PawnMesh = MyPawn->GetMesh();

// This Get's the Inventory socket name for attachments to match with the inventory socket

FName AttachPoint = MyPawn->GetInventoryAttachPoint(Slot);

Mesh->SetHiddenInGame(false);

Mesh->AttachToComponent(PawnMesh, FAttachmentTransformRules::SnapToTargetNotIncludingScale, AttachPoint);

//Mesh->SetupAttachment(PawnMesh, AttachPoint);

}

}

I'm doing this for my own learning purposes.

SOLVED NOTE: I solved my problem by adding in the Cpp files for the AddWeapon and RemoveWeapon functions found in this game. it was the one thing i failed to implement ?

Advertisement

Hello Doom Operator,

have you tried looking at the Inventory System template available at the Unreal Marketplace? It is free for this month and it might help you greatly.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/arpg-inventory-system

@Tomato Head Hey Tomato Head, Thank you for your suggestion. I am downloading it now. I am trying to implement my Inventory system in C++ Only for maximum performance and for future expansion. I believe the this RPG inventory won't be what i need as it seems to be a blueprint add on. I will have a look though, see what i can do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement