🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New interface

Started by
70 comments, last by Brain 7 years, 7 months ago

Seems like I'm seeing more ads than ever without ABP whilst having a GDNet Pro subscription, not sure if that's theme related.

Advertisement

Navigation bar links only work for a part of the button height.

Fixed.

Fixed for the specific sub-forums, but not for the forum sections/groups.

Forums --> Technical (hover over Technical near edges)

or

Forums --> Creative (hover over Creative near edges)

Hello to all my stalkers.

Any plans to roll out a dark version?

Maybe. The code is in a better spot to do that now.

Seems like I'm seeing more ads than ever without ABP whilst having a GDNet Pro subscription, not sure if that's theme related.

Looking at this now.

Edit: Fixed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Sorry if this is repeated: now on Android is seen the reputation, but it is messed with the date of post, so neither is readable. 480X854 is the resolution

Edited: funny enough, in the first very moment of actualization you can see it well (without reput.)
And in panoramic mode it's not perfect bit much much better

We also got new sites such as "rawgit.com" and "fontawesome.com" being referenced, don't know what they do, and enabling doesn't change a thing.

Ever come back for you?

Slowly replacing all the icons with FontAwesome icons, so that's the reference. You will see more changes like this as we convert to using more 3rd party libraries and assets. :)

Admin for GameDev.net.

Everything is terrible now!

j/king, I love the new design. I love that less space horizontally is being wasted, and I love the new headerbar.

I noticed there is no donate link anymore. Maybe you should re-add it under the GDNet+ dropdown menu as "Donate", or something, just so it's available even if it gets rarely used.

Its slightly annoying that, in "upvoteable" post, the upvote/downvote thingy isn't horizontally aligned with the avatar and the rep-points label.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I remember when GD made the "awful" decision to have black text on a pale background instead of vice versa. People literally complained it made them go blind.

One thing I miss from the old layout is having unread threads bold while read threads are normal in the forum list, as it made it a lot easier to see at a glance (even with the blue highlight I find I have to double-check).

Currently both unread and read are bold.

I like where the new design is going, but I've going to have to agree with Lactose! on this particular subject. I have a much harder time seeing which posts are read and which ones aren't with the new design. I think it's partially the font, but it also feels like the unread posts have a much less pronounced background as well now..? Maybe that's just my imagination or screen settings or something..

[Edit] It's my screen. Using another screen, it's still rather pronounced. This is interesting though, I didn't have problems seeing it before. Does anyone know if poor dynamic contrast settings could affect this?

Issue I reported now fixed. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement