🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New interface

Started by
70 comments, last by Brain 7 years, 7 months ago

I did have ABP disabled for this site. It only just occurred to me to disable all the extensions, but still no fixed navigation bar.

edit: I'm going to open a thread about this in CSI instead of discussing it here.

Advertisement

When going to a new post in a thread by clicking on the blue dot next to a thread (view=getnewpost), the loaded position does not take the fixed navigation bar into account -- the navigation bar covers the first new post's poster details (name, profile picture, etc.).

Thanks. Looks like it's just where the anchor is defined for the post. Should be relatively straightforward.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Navigation bar links only work for a part of the button height. It seems to use the width of the entire button, but the height of the text field.

Example:

Hover the navigation bar --> Forums --> Technical --> Game Programming.

Note that the area is highlighted all the way as you move the cursor down, but if the cursor is at the extreme bottom of the button, clicking does nothing.

If your browser displays the URL for highlighted links somewhere, it's easy to see where the buttons are responsive and non-responsive.

(Also note that there seems to be a 1px border between 2 buttons.)

EDIT: It seems the buttons are only active along the width starting from the text field as well. Buttons are non-responsive on the far left and right sides.

Hello to all my stalkers.

The unread/read dot seems to have gone missing :(

EDIT: Yay it's back :)

Hello to all my stalkers.

The unread/read dot seems to have gone missing :(

Fixed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Any plans to roll out a dark version?

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Navigation bar links only work for a part of the button height.

Fixed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Love the way the navigation bar remains on top of the screen on mobile. Much better than it used to be.

Overall this is all a great step forward on my phone. Not used it much on desktop lately to say but sure it's nice there too.

Oh, toolbar was moved.

It completely disappeared for me a few hours ago, probably due to some old cache. firefox 50.0 , NoScript blocker, with gamedev.net + ajax.googleapis.com enabled used to work, but they don't now. We also got new sites such as "rawgit.com" and "fontawesome.com" being referenced, don't know what they do, and enabling doesn't change a thing.

[attachment=34055:IMG_0227.PNG]

Seems to be a slight issue with reputation over the top of the post time.

Safari on iPhone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement