🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New interface

Started by
70 comments, last by Brain 7 years, 7 months ago

f8fa99a0e0.png

:huh:

Advertisement

Yeah, but the old interface had the same "problem" of not allowing too many emoticons :)

I have a suggestion, can the "Marked read" button in a forum also jump back one level higher (or some other place)?

Now it stays in the forum, I just decided to have "none of interest here anymore", ie the worst place where you want to be.

Personally, I'd like it to move down one forum (from Beginners to General Programming), but that may be more complicated, or not always desired.

When going to a new post in a thread by clicking on the blue dot next to a thread (view=getnewpost), the loaded position does not take the fixed navigation bar into account -- the navigation bar covers the first new post's poster details (name, profile picture, etc.).

Thanks. Looks like it's just where the anchor is defined for the post. Should be relatively straightforward.

Any updates on this? =)

Hit a little problem with handling certain cases of moving to an accurate position and haven't dug in enough to find a solution yet.

Yeah, but the old interface had the same "problem" of not allowing too many emoticons :)

I have a suggestion, can the "Marked read" button in a forum also jump back one level higher (or some other place)?

Now it stays in the forum, I just decided to have "none of interest here anymore", ie the worst place where you want to be.

Personally, I'd like it to move down one forum (from Beginners to General Programming), but that may be more complicated, or not always desired.

So, kind of a "I read that forum, move me to the next" type of button?

Admin for GameDev.net.

I was about to complain that New Content was gone. Thankfully I noticed Latest Content before I embarrassed myself :)

So, kind of a "I read that forum, move me to the next" type of button?
Anywhere but staying in the same forum is an improvement, I think.

I can live equally well with "one level up", "the next sub-forum" and "the next sub-forum with unread posts", as I tend to jump randomly between sub-forums anyway. Others may prefer a more sequential style of reading sub-fora. I don't know what is feasible in the forum software.

The contributor badge's z-index is too high (it is set to 1000, needs to be 900).

Right now it overlaps the top bar when i scroll.

The correct code should be:

.contribBadge {
    float: right;
    position: relative;
    right: -16px;
    top: -20px;
    z-index: 900;
}

:D

The contributor badge's z-index is too high (it is set to 1000, needs to be 900).

Right now it overlaps the top bar when i scroll.

The correct code should be:

.contribBadge {
    float: right;
    position: relative;
    right: -16px;
    top: -20px;
    z-index: 900;
}

:D

Personally, I kind of like how it wraps around the header.

Admin for GameDev.net.

It's nice how it wraps around the post header, but less nice that it's on top of the page header (the black / dark gray one with the navigation menu etc) imho.

Edit:

[attachment=34143:2016-12-06.png]

Note how the contributor badge overlaps to page header. Also note how the menu is missing after I shrunk my Window to get the responsive design to switch version (menu layout), then clicked the three lines button to hide the menu which by default covers half the page, then increased the size of my window again.

That was a joke.. :) Of course I'll get it fixed.

The menu disappearing in the responsive side is known as well.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Hi

Still seeing ads on mobile with gdnet+ pro...[attachment=34162:Screenshot_2016-12-09-20-04-52.png]

:(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement