Advertisement

Trumps great wall... will it ever happen?

Started by November 09, 2016 03:43 PM
203 comments, last by Promit 7 years, 7 months ago

Yea not as sad as the sheer walking stupidity in the Oval Office...people voted for this guy. SAD!

Never forget, they fucking didn't. He lost by 3 million votes.

I don't care what you think of the electoral college, that is fucked up.

Oh, the GOP lost the senate by an even bigger gap.

Calling the USA a democracy at this point is an insult to democracy
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Yea not as sad as the sheer walking stupidity in the Oval Office...people voted for this guy. SAD!

The purpose of the electoral college is to balance the popular vote against that of fair representation of all states.

However, and this needs to be understood clearly. The current US electoral system has been in place for a long time. Arguing that a popular vote should win is completely irrelevant (it is fundamentally irrelevant!) to what is the existing system. You could argue that Hilary should have put more resources into the "Blue Wall" and thus lost because of this but truthfully the many whys and wherefore's of the election result are open and varied.

The USA is not and has never been a pure democracy, you could call it a "representative democracy" that is also a "constitutional democracy (interchangeable with republic)".

Advertisement

Führer Fuck Weasel even said when Obama won the 2nd term that the Electoral college is terrible (or a tweet to that effect), and that people should march on Washington... not so bad now is it, eh?
Also fucking this https://twitter.com/Fusion/status/825068505812844545.

BBC reporter asks a pretty legitimate question about the things he has said.
Fuck Weasel turns to Mayday and say 'this is your choice for a question? there goes that relationship' and then puts on a fucking smirk like 'got away with that' and doesn't even fucking bother with the question.
(I didn't her the audio, I don't want that shit stick's voice in my ears, but from other comments it seems there was a laugh... likely from the audience he drags around with him to stroke his ego...)

Go on... explain how THAT is 'bias media'?

He isn't a statesman... he is a cunt with a job title.

Yea that's true, and if you count all third part votes, etc, it's almost 74 million or so against Trump, which is well over 50% of all votes, unless you really buy the bullshit that 5 million voted illegally. It's still sad to see that even 63 million voted for this walking madness.

The purpose of the electoral college is to balance the popular vote against that of fair representation of all states.

However, and this needs to be understood clearly. The current US electoral system has been in place for a long time. Arguing that a popular vote should win is completely irrelevant (it is fundamentally irrelevant!) to what is the existing system. You could argue that Hilary should have put more resources into the "Blue Wall" and thus lost because of this but truthfully the many whys and wherefore's of the election result are open and varied.

The USA is not and has never been a pure democracy, you could call it a "representative democracy" that is also a "constitutional democracy (interchangeable with republic)".

The purpose of the electoral college system was initially to inhibit mob rule, so that the people don't elect someone that the electors don't like. The people elected 'electors' who would then vote for a Presidential candidate. It was never meant to balance representation of all of the states.

If we really want to get into this argument, a true, direct voting system would be just as balanced as every vote would actually count in deciding the election. Right now we have something that makes very little sense. Every vote currently does not count, depending on where you are voting. It's no a true representation, like you said.

Führer Fuck Weasel even said when Obama won the 2nd term that the Electoral college is terrible (or a tweet to that effect), and that people should march on Washington... not so bad now is it, eh?
Also fucking this https://twitter.com/Fusion/status/825068505812844545.

BBC reporter asks a pretty legitimate question about the things he has said.
Fuck Weasel turns to Mayday and say 'this is your choice for a question? there goes that relationship' and then puts on a fucking smirk like 'got away with that' and doesn't even fucking bother with the question.
(I didn't her the audio, I don't want that shit stick's voice in my ears, but from other comments it seems there was a laugh... likely from the audience he drags around with him to stroke his ego...)

He isn't a statesman... he is a cunt with a job title.

He's a twisted psychopath, plain and simple.

Seems like the Muslim ban is in place now, so we are well on our way to creating wonderful discriminatory policies that no matter what anyone says, lead to an extremely dark path, ending in so many great places, but I'm sure no Trump supporter cares, because hey, they're "just Muslims" right? /sarcasm

I wonder what minority is next on his list.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I made a mistake entering this conversation. I did not realise that this had become a conversation of ideology, rather than a discussion of merit.

I made a mistake entering this conversation. I did not realise that this had become a conversation of ideology, rather than a discussion of merit.

Leave now before its too late :lol:
Advertisement

It's a discussion of paranoia and hyperbole, where facts are dismissed and fears are inflated to truth.

Seems like the Muslim ban is in place now,

Ban on ALL people regardless of religion from 7 countries

He's a twisted psychopath, plain and simple.

hyperbole

I wonder what minority is next on his list.

falsehood (muslim ban in effect) as fact.

BBC reporter asks a pretty legitimate question about the things he has said. Fuck Weasel turns to Mayday and say 'this is your choice for a question? there goes that relationship' and then puts on a fucking smirk like 'got away with that' and doesn't even fucking bother with the question. (I didn't her the audio, I don't want that shit stick's voice in my ears, but from other comments it seems there was a laugh... likely from the audience he drags around with him to stroke his ego...)

Outright lie/not even willing to listed to the full video. Just a version where they cut off the answer. Here's the actual answer for anyone who cares

#t=9m54s

He did a 180 on his support for torture

I did. The media you're following ignored the fact that Trump DID answer the question (I linked the full press conference). If your news says Trump didn't... You may be watching fake news.

Never forget, they fucking didn't. He lost by 3 million votes. I don't care what you think of the electoral college, that is fucked up.

One thing that's probably going to change is that the census actually counts illegal aliens, and that number's used to determine the number of electoral votes each state receives. So California (which is 6%~ illegal aliens http://www.ppic.org/main/publication_show.asp?i=818), has an inflated number of electoral votes (55 instead of 54). I'm pretty certain Trump's going to start railing on this soon, and say he found voter fraud with it, as the popular vote doesn't really matter. Then again, that vote would likely go to NYC anyway, and Nevada risks losing an electoral vote as well (7.6%~ of Nevada's population are illegal aliens http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-nevada-idUSKCN0J300H20141119 while HIllary won by 2%~ of the vote. This would be where to find election fraud if any)

Not contesting your opinion, just stating where I think Trump's trying to go by hanging onto the concept of voter fraud.

I will bet you 1:10 $30 usd he never mentions violent videogames in a negative fashion throughout his entire presidency. In other words if he does mention it I'll give you $300 usd, if he doesn't you pay me $30 Le me know and I'll create a bet on tedbets.

Oh, I definitely agree that he most probably won't, since he and his advisors know their fanbase(well, at least a very vocal and active online portion of it) and what would piss them off the most. They do not want to alienate the "consumer revolt" movement that shall not be named. Even if many of his ultra-conservative/religious advisors/cabinet still believe videogames are the Antichrist and would gladly ban everything from Mortal Kombat and DOOM to Candy Crush if they had their say, they'll have to remain quiet on this one. Debts must be paid.

I said "I secretly hope", as in "I would like to see the hilarious outcome in the hypothetical case it would happen", not "I predict".

I learned something from the clintoneans: Bombing muslims isn't racist, what is racist (and probably not multicultural) is to not let these so called bombed and angry muslims into your own country.

Ban on ALL people regardless of religion from 7 countries

Yeah, banning ALL people from countries with 90%+ muslims is not against muslims at all. How can you even belive otherwise - even if you discount the claim of xenophibia and racism, he still obviously targets "radical muslim terrorists".

(assuming the worse, the all people ban could even just be an excuse so that no muslim can claim to be christian and still enter).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement