🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Drugs

Started by
45 comments, last by Akura 24 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, I agree that drugs screw you over, but what does this have to do w/ game programming?
Advertisement
What does this post have to do with G.P? Nothing man. Aukra is having some problems, we at first tried to help him out then this whole thing turned into personal attack + flame war. I don''t know why people are so judgemental. Anyway, like I said, drugs are bad, but if you smoke weed responsibly then it won''t affect you that much. But get this right, whoever want to attack me. I personally has stopped doing drugs for at least 2 years now. Because I figure drugs just wasn''t worth all the trouble. Yo know.

quote:
Yo Yo YO!!! youz gots dat playas and piMps???

What do you got against blacks?

Sorry for sounding like a asshole, I''m not. Heck I haven''t even been here that long, please people don''t hate me. I may have lots of question to ask ya later on
Peace

"All drugs are bad", "I''ve never used drugs"....
WHATEVER!!!!

(please excuse any spelling errors)
Ever heard of Sugar(!!), Caffeine(!), Nicoteine, Alcohol, Acetamenophen, Nanproxen Sodium, Aspirin, Ibuprofren..
Or maybe you''ve had some others? Like antibiotics?
or maybe a little Codeine, or Morphine?
You take soooo many drugs a day you don''t even know it..
But for some odd reason you decide there''s one certain point where you draw a line & say people are "BAD" if they take those drugs (almost always, just the drugs you don''t take), but they''re "okay" if they only do what you do...

Maybe you''ll even say the drugs you do (like Caffeine) aren''t as serious or don''t affect you as much..
Well, that''s just because you have them so much, and that other people (with their ''lines'') don''t complain about them either.

Look, you do the drugs you want (whether you consider them bad or not) and let other people draw their own ''lines'' & do what drugs they want..

my god....
Hey Chris F,

I don''t believe DarthSpanky said ALL drug users end up having a crap life. To give him credit he did say this:

Some of the casual smokers will grow out of it and be just fine.

As far as I can see most of his message was concerned with drug ABUSE which is a reality for some users. I am certainly not saying that people can''t use substances such as pot in moderation and live a perfectly coherent life. Some people are more susceptible than others however, and they can become addicted. They are going to have to deal with that.

your trying to pass judgement on me like your better than me

Where did that ''better than me'' part come from, Chris F do you have low self-esteem?

Paulcoz.

Please don''t anybody try out Jesus!!! Jesus is far more crippling than Heroin, especially once your addicted and you try and get other people hooked too.
There is one problem with cannabis, thou... It increases you mental addiction more than psychical addiction, but it increases both too. Of course cannabis as other drugs increase your tolerance which means that you must use harder stuff to get same affect. Personally I prefer raw medicals...

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
OK, this is getting stupid. People are repeating each other, putting each other down, etc... The sad part is, that it''s not going to end soon. Just give it up people. We are not going to come to a consensus hear about if drugs are bad or not. So stop. The whole reason Akura started this was to tell his thoughts and get some support and ideas on how to get through the situation.

and remember,

Pie are round!
[I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be]
Well I''m addicted to Oxygen and Calories...
Now will you all shut up and stop calling eachother names?
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Chris,

Read my post again. This time put the pipe down while doing it.

Just for the record, I am far from ignorant on this topic.

Anybody familiar with the Straight Edge in here?

Jaap Suter

All forms of cannabis are mind-altering (psychoactive) drugs; they all contain THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the main active chemical in marijuana. There are about 400 chemicals in a cannabis plant, but THC is the one that affects the brain the most.

Because marijuana users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and then hold it in their lungs as long as possible, marijuana may be damaging to the lungs and pulmonary system. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same carcinogens and toxic particulates as tobacco, sometimes in higher concentrations. Long-term users of cannabis may develop psychological dependence and require more of the drug to get the same effect. The drug can become the center of their lives.

End of Quote.

I still don''t know what is the drug, but she told me that the first time she did that was cause she wanted to do something stupid, and now does it cause it makes her fell happy/have fun and forget about shit.

So ppl, stay away from drugs !
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement