🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any ideas for a research about Video Games?

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 4 months ago

Hello,

I'm a game programmer and designer and I'm a Master's student studying Software Engineering. I'm looking for a research subject in video games (since I have always loved video games and it has affected my life in a very good way) I want to show others how good this industry can affect our lives. I would appreciate it if you can give me any suggestions or any related articles or links etc. so I can get ideas for a nice, solid research article about video games.

Also you can check out our Website in this Link to see our works and get to know us!

Thank you!

Iman Irt

Advertisement

Moving you to The Lounge, as this isn't feedback or a query about the site. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

It's probably too late for whatever project you were asking this for, but for what it's worth I would recommend considering prosocial game design as your research topic. It sounds like you are interested in how games can positively affect people, and that's pretty much what prosocial game design is all about. I know from my own research that there is a young but developing field of scientific data on the topic. While it isn't robust, I founded a subreddit for prosocial games that contains some links to academic articles on the topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/ProsocialGames/ You could use that as a starting point.

Locking thread (necro). 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement