Advertisement

How much longer can Trump/Trumpism last?

Started by July 24, 2018 03:35 AM
140 comments, last by jbadams 6 years ago
On 8/3/2018 at 4:07 AM, Poigahn said:

Majority of the people really don not care if women want to kill unborn babies, we just do not want to pay for it.

This is demonstrably false. The whole point of "we don't want to pay for it" is to get rid of abortion through indirect methods, because the older, more direct method of banning or restricting it with legislation has gotten significantly less successful.

Just do not stand outside throwing stones at my house, when as an "AMERICAN" I would not do that to yours. 

Learn our history, because we as a nation have done WAY more than throw stones, countless times over the last two centuries.

I respect your feelings, your rights ( Whatever they may be ) to have the country you want.  I will not interfere.

I am a 14th generation American - My European ancestors first arrived in 1608 (my native ancestors obviously arrived far earlier). The US is my country. You most definitely do not respect my "right to have the country I want." The right by-and-large doesn't even respect my state's right to govern itself as it sees fit.

Advertisement
On 8/2/2018 at 3:56 PM, ChaosEngine said:

edit: also, What's with The weird random Capitalisation? If I was of a cynical bent, I would suspect that maybe you're not as American as you claim to be, comrade. :D

But on a more serious note though, do people believe that the Mueller probe will uncover anything? So far there has been a good amount of indictments and what not, but I'm curious to see how this will end.

On 8/5/2018 at 1:18 AM, Anthony Serrano said:

Majority of the people really don not care if women want to kill unborn babies, we just do not want to pay for it.

This is demonstrably false. The whole point of "we don't want to pay for it" is to get rid of abortion through indirect methods, because the older, more direct method of banning or restricting it with legislation has gotten significantly less successful.

Just do not stand outside throwing stones at my house, when as an "AMERICAN" I would not do that to yours. 

Learn our history, because we as a nation have done WAY more than throw stones, countless times over the last two centuries.

I respect your feelings, your rights ( Whatever they may be ) to have the country you want.  I will not interfere.

I am a 14th generation American - My European ancestors first arrived in 1608 (my native ancestors obviously arrived far earlier). The US is my country. You most definitely do not respect my "right to have the country I want." The right by-and-large doesn't even respect my state's right to govern itself as it sees fit.

Spot on my friend.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

4 hours ago, deltaKshatriya said:

But on a more serious note though, do people believe that the Mueller probe will uncover anything? So far there has been a good amount of indictments and what not, but I'm curious to see how this will end.

I would be surprised if it didn't. 

Whether it will actually go anywhere is the next question. It would require the Republicans to grow a spine to start with.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
21 hours ago, ChaosEngine said:

I would be surprised if it didn't. 

It does seem increasingly unlikely that this will be 'nothing'. Especially when we examine that there has been quite a bit already, and according to most reports, this is just the tip of the iceberg, since Mueller is running a fairly tight ship and not letting much leak.

21 hours ago, ChaosEngine said:

Whether it will actually go anywhere is the next question. It would require the Republicans to grow a spine to start with.

I have wondered consistently why Republicans seem to be so reluctant and actively against the probe. Surely if the man's innocent, this probe can only be helpful in proving that innocence? It's an odd approach to take on the part of the party.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

2 hours ago, deltaKshatriya said:

I have wondered consistently why Republicans seem to be so reluctant and actively against the probe. Surely if the man's innocent, this probe can only be helpful in proving that innocence? It's an odd approach to take on the part of the party.

Do you really think any of them believe he's actually innocent? Does anyone? They certainly don't care if he's guilty, they only care how it looks (to be fair, the Democrats are nearly as bad).

The Republicans have hitched themselves to Trump and they're stuck with him. This is what happens when you cede your base to vocal minority... you're beholden to them.

They can't distance themselves from Trump unless they do so en masse. 

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
Advertisement
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, ChaosEngine said:

Paying for abortion isn’t even an issue

It is an Issue for me!  Personally, on any law, if it prohibits the freedom of choice, then that goes against our constitution.  So I think abortion should remain legal, but Federal Funding should Stop.  Student college loans should stop.  Corporate Grants Should Stop.  Foreign Aide Should Stop.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, ChaosEngine said:

It’s actually kinda sad how little you know about your own country.

Actually,  I know more about "This Country" than you pretend to do.  

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

On 8/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, Poigahn said:

Actually,  I know more about "This Country" than you pretend to do.  

Clearly, you don’t, because if you’d been paying any attention at all you would know that Roe v Wade is very likely to be overturned in the near future. 

So your “freedom of choice” will be out the window, even if you can afford it (because hey, poor people don’t need medical care!)

WAiting for the pee vid myself. I think that what trump and trumpers may not get is that all of this is going to be recorded in history. It is going to look bad for them, for a long time. All of the ridiculous crap going on now is either going to destroy this country or cause it to be reformed dramatically for the better. One or the other. 

When I speak to Trumpers, they say things like, "why not be friends with Russia, why be enemies?". The math is really simple. Russia is not a democracy, it is a giant gangster ran state. The mob in Russia is literally an association of the government. The people in charge in Russia do not want to be like Americans. They do not want anything good for America nor anyone else, and they never will. Money, power and influence are all they want, and terrifyingly this seems to be reflected in Trump and a lot of folks in our country.  

Some republicans I've spoken to say things like, I'll never vote democrat, they kill babies. So incredibly naive. As a democrat, I can assure anyone that I have never killed a baby, and to my point, I have sure never shot up a school, either.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement