Advertisement

How much longer can Trump/Trumpism last?

Started by July 24, 2018 03:35 AM
140 comments, last by jbadams 6 years ago
On 7/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, L. Spiro said:

The founding fathers had no concept of machine guns and rocket launchers

Machine guns and rocket launchers were invented long before the Founding Fathers were born. They would've known the idea, but there was no way to mass-produce them for use by the army at the time. It wasn't for lack of trying, the Continental Congress actually ordered a primitive form of simi-automatic assualt rifle for the army from Joseph Belton in 1777, only to discover they didn't have the money to pay for it, so they canceled the order. (They also had to cancel the green and brown uniforms, leaving the army with only the (now patriotic) blue uniforms). They were able to mass-produce canister-shot that could kill 20 men in one shot though.

They really wanted something like the "Puckle gun", unfortunately the inventor, James Puckle, had died in 1724

Buckler's_Hard_Maritime_Museum_07_-_Puckle_Gun (1).jpg

If you are not an American, Living in America, SORRY!  President Lincoln Stated a Government Of The People, For The People, By The People.  Unlike most of the U.S. Politicians, whom are trying to be like the rest of the Countries, Trying to be like their Politicians, Trump is THE PEOPLE!!!  That is how he got elected!  When 2 people have a conversation, they usually will say what is on their mind. That is Trump.  He does not try to tell you what you want to hear, He tells you how he sees it.

Where has it gotten the World, by perpetuating Enemies ?  If my neighbor and I had a long running disagreement because of unclear perceptions, someone has to extend the hand of friendship so that there can be peace. That is what True Americans Want. Not a power Struggle like the 2 party system here.

As an American, from the same section as President Trump, I understand what he is saying when he speaks.  Keep in mind, if you are from another country, You may not understand.  Here is something you can relate to, You can either work on your first or next game alone, or join forces to succeed together!  If you have someone in your group is constantly disrupting things, and you are not making progress, you would probably kick them out.  Open your Eyes, Open you Mind.  Or just stay in your own part of the planet!!

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

Advertisement
On 7/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, ChaosEngine said:

So... slavery, Native American genocide and civil war good,

but infrastructure, defeating nazis, landing on the moon and civil rights bad?

In the History of the world, (U.S. is only 232 years in existence) Tell me where this has not Happened!!  Look around, it is happening right now in several areas.  Because of it's founding, the U.S. was the first in history to correct the historical wrongs.  If you are not an American, then Do not become one

If you are not an American, Living in America, SORRY!  President Lincoln Stated a Government Of The People, For The People, By The People.

I don't see why you are sorry for this somebody. Your country has modern, legal ways to make somebody who lives in the U.S. an American. This person is part of "the people" just as any other person living there.

28 minutes ago, Poigahn said:

If my neighbor and I had a long running disagreement because of unclear perceptions, someone has to extend the hand of friendship so that there can be peace. That is what True Americans Want.

So, that's Trump to you ? Don't you see that he's cutting relations with whole europe, which has been the biggest partner of the U.S. since WW 2 ?

17 minutes ago, Poigahn said:

In the History of the world, (U.S. is only 232 years in existence) Tell me where this has not Happened!!  Look around, it is happening right now in several areas.  Because of it's founding, the U.S. was the first in history to correct the historical wrongs.  If you are not an American, then Do not become one

You have ripped that quote out of context. This is not about america being the bad country with this kind of history. This was in reply to Buffo's statement, who claimed that the U.S. was doing great until about WW 1 & is now deteriorating.

However, even if it wasn't completly out of context: 2 wrongs don't make a right.
"The people" have a responsibility to uphold for the comming generations. It is your responsibility to remain critic about your country's politic, and to acknowledge mistakes that have been made so your country can continue improving. This is the whole idea of democracy.

12 hours ago, Poigahn said:

Because of it's founding, the U.S. was the first in history to correct the historical wrongs.  

Bullshit.

Other countries abolished slavery long before the US. 
Other countries had better relations with their indigenous people or better reparation. 

And other countries continue to have better human rights protection than the US. I never thought I'd see the day when Ireland will have better reproductive rights for women than the USA, but it's looking like it'll be before the decade is out.

12 hours ago, Poigahn said:

If you are not an American, then Do not become one

Thanks, I won't. Unfortunately, I still have to live in a world where US foreign and economic policy affects me. Also, I have friends in the US. Finally, your first amendment gives me the right to comment on how messed up your current administration is, so I'll continue to do so.

edit: also, What's with The weird random Capitalisation? If I was of a cynical bent, I would suspect that maybe you're not as American as you claim to be, comrade. :D

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
On 8/2/2018 at 5:26 AM, LifeIsGood said:

Don't you see that he's cutting relations with whole europe, which has been the biggest partner of the U.S. since WW 2 ?

Europe as a whole, has been the biggest dependent of the United States since WWII.  What Trump is doing is finally telling they need to start supporting themselves.  Thu U.S. Hands out more of our wealth to those and other Nations. Maybe he is finally "Spanking" the ungrateful relatives whom are constantly on our doorstep with their hands held out.

11 hours ago, ChaosEngine said:

your first amendment gives me the right to comment on how messed up your current administration is, so I'll continue to do so.

So you hate America, But want to use "OUR" rights, to Bash us!  Women's reproductive rights should not require the people as a whole to pay for their abortion rights.  Majority of the people really don not care if women want to kill unborn babies, we just do not want to pay for it. Unless you live here, you have no perspective of our view.  Personally, I really do not care what you do there, or your country.  Just do not stand outside throwing stones at my house, when as an "AMERICAN" I would not do that to yours.

I respect your feelings, your rights ( Whatever they may be ) to have the country you want.  I will not interfere.  Please respect mine.  My house is Blue.  What color is yours?

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Poigahn said:

So you hate America, But want to use "OUR" rights, to Bash us

I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”

James A. Baldwin

I’ll admit, I don’t love the US more than any other country, but I certainly don’t hate America. It’s got it’s flaws (like anywhere), but it’s a beautiful country that’s done some amazing things. I’ve been there, have friends and family there and lots of my favourite art was made there. 

And that’s why I utterly despise your current administration. It’s ruining your country. 

So yeah, I think I’ll keep pointing out what a disastrous excuse for a human being Trump is. 

1 hour ago, Poigahn said:

Majority of the people really don not care if women want to kill unborn babies, we just do not want to pay for it

It’s actually kinda sad how little you know about your own country. Paying for abortion isn’t even an issue, it’s whether it will even be legal. 

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
3 hours ago, Poigahn said:

Europe as a whole, has been the biggest dependent of the United States since WWII.  What Trump is doing is finally telling they need to start supporting themselves.

Amerika started these wars to install ATM banking ( they want 1 global coin ), now that the war is started they can let anyone pay this way ?

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

5 hours ago, the incredible smoker said:

Amerika started these wars to install ATM banking ( they want 1 global coin ), now that the war is started they can let anyone pay this way ?

What? None of that made any sense. 

8 hours ago, the incredible smoker said:

No, it was the "Black Hand" terrorists who started the wars, and when the first war suddenly ended it didn't feel "finished" so they kept hating each other. Also the ATM was invented by a British guy 20 years after WWII.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement