Advertisement

How much longer can Trump/Trumpism last?

Started by July 24, 2018 03:35 AM
140 comments, last by jbadams 6 years ago
8 minutes ago, krb said:

I voted for Gloria LaRiva in 2016, your good luck wishes are pee in the wind, people will be just as easily fooled and divided next election cycle and people like you will talk about how bad president Bezos is making things when at the end of the day all he really did was rearrange the deck chairs at the White House.

imacommunist.png

+1 for PSL. :D

Frankly, if it wasn't the matter of climate change and racism/immigrants, I wouldn't even care much. You said it well about Obama's reaction to DAPL. But when it comes to climate change, the clock is ticking, and at least the "liberals" don't completely deny the issue, even if they can't do much about it.

43 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Seems to me Trump represents mostly upper-middle class white men over 45

Ah, yes. The majority racial group of the country and the age range associated with fathers and the start of the strongest earning years for a man's career. 

It's so sinister it's beyond words.

When the story you are telling yourself has cast Dad as the antithesis of all that is good in the world, it should come as no surprise when the world no longer resembles your ideology.

Also, Trump is still the president.

We will never freeze.

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, Unknown33 said:

Ah, yes. The majority racial group of the country and the age range associated with fathers and the start of the strongest earning years for a man's career. 

When the story you are telling yourself has cast Dad as the antithesis of all that is good in the world, it should come as no surprise when the world no longer resembles your ideology.

No no no, see, I didn't say that white upper-middle class men over 45 are "evil". I don't moralize here.

*Your* point was(or seemed to be) that Trump's victory gave "renewed hope" to a 'large group of people' that felt 'out of the loop', threatened by a powerful and wealthy 'elite' that 'owns the free world' - that's why it's worth celebrating.

Let me ask you, when exactly did white upper-middle class Americans(fine people as individuals)...lost their hope and their connections to wealth and power in the West? Is there something I missed?

People's rhetoric against the president is eerily reminiscent of what I heard coming from within the Tea Party during Obama's presidency. This idea that he was always on the verge of impeachment or perdition was so prevalent that many were paralyzed when he won reelection. 

The problem is that without a realistic worldview, that is not founded upon partisan rhetoric or hyperbolic arguments, or false equivalencies, what is really taking place remains largely invisible.

I would invite everyone to compare my voice with those of the politically motivated ones here and ask a simple question... who is enjoying their day more, and why are people actively offended by someone else not being as dissatisfied with life as they seem to be?

5 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Is there something I missed?

Not so much missed as have simply decided not to see.

We will never freeze.

6 minutes ago, Unknown33 said:

Not so much missed as have simply decided not to see.

I see...

But you're not 'politically motivated', eh? You innocent dove, you. :D

I've got your number, dude. Maybe during a 2nd Trump presidency you'll actually feel empowered enough to tell us what you're *really* thinking.

Just now, mikeman said:

I see...

But you're not politically motivated, eh? :D

I've got your number, dude. Maybe during a 2nd Trump presidency you'll actually feel empowered enough to tell us what you're *really* thinking.

Out of curiosity, what do you think he's *really* on about? He sounds like he's just here to troll/"stick it to the liberals" type of madness.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement
1 minute ago, mikeman said:

I've got your number, dude.

Give me ring then. Let's get a beer.

We will never freeze.

13 minutes ago, Unknown33 said:

No one said he wasn't the president.

Also, dad isn't a proper noun.

1 minute ago, deltaKshatriya said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think he's *really* on about? He sounds like he's just here to troll/"stick it to the liberals" type of madness.

Owning the libs by not attacking anyone.

We will never freeze.

4 minutes ago, deltaKshatriya said:

My full question was 

"Let me ask you, when exactly did white upper-middle class Americans(fine people as individuals)...lost their hope and their connections to wealth and power in the West? Is there something I missed?"

He answered "Not so much missed as have simply decided not to see".

Now what exactly do *you* think he's on about? I have told you these people are convinced they are under attack and need to reclaim their ground.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement