🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Vulkan API ray tracing engine OEM (source code)

Started by
3 comments, last by elviras9t 6 years, 3 months ago

I publishing for manufacturing our ray tracing engines and products on graphics API (C++, Vulkan API, GLSL460, SPIR-V): https://github.com/world8th/satellite-oem

For end users I have no more products or test products. Also, have one simple gltf viewer example (only source code).

In 2016 year had idea for replacement of screen space reflections, but in 2018 we resolved to finally re-profile project as "basis of render engine". In Q3 of 2017 year finally merged to Vulkan API. 

Advertisement

Updated videos: 

Cool :) 

I tried to build your project after your first post, but no luck, even after update to VS 2017.

I've got many compile errors, IIRC about casting between C++ wrapper and native Vulkan data types, min/max, and even one in the AMD memory manager. I fixed them all manually, but then linker errors happened - included libs seemed incompatible.

No clue what causes all this, but let me know if you have an idea.

Need LunarG 1.1.70.1, driver compatible with Vulkan 1.1 (prefer RX Vega, may work in NVidia Pascals 1070 and higher, but I had no tests long time). Need by "bat" file compile shaders (you can open text editor for "bat" if paranoia giving up). 

I never tried to build in Linux system, with Linux have difficult to search Vulkan capable drivers and distributive. 

Bit update: I added helper files for playground with gltf models. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement