Advertisement

Test my iso engine?

Started by January 22, 2000 04:49 PM
81 comments, last by Toom 24 years, 7 months ago
Machaira - read the previous posts. its probably related to the monitor refresh rates.
I get a constant 84 fps on my pIII 450 with 128 MB and a TNT2 with 32 MB
---Ranok---
Advertisement
Nice stuff, I''m at 72-73fps while scrolling both the big picture and the blow up simultaneously. My system:
PII 400
384MB RAM
Viper 770 (TNT2 Ultra, 32MB)
Viewsonic PS790
Monitor''s refresh rate is set to ''Optimal''

As a newbie to game development, it would be real cool to check out the source to this since it''s still small and isn''t an overwhelming bit of code to take in, please consider it.

It is about 57-59 on my...
PII 350, TNT 16MB, 64MB...

I am working on my engine similar to yours, but I
can only get about 35-37.
If the source is available,
please send it to coco001@mail.ht.net.tw
Me thinks you are coorect about the refresh rates...I looked up my refresh rate and it matched my fps.

BASSOFeeSH
><>
-- What would Sweetness do?
It didn''t seem to matter what the refresh rate was - 60, 70, 75, 85Hz and Optimal all gave me 74-75 fps on my PIII500 TNT2, 128MB RAM here at work.

Hmmm.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Advertisement
Yes I''ve figured out that the 156fps was due to the refresh rate settings of my monitor. Apparently my TNT2 drivers were a bit stuffed. A clean reinstall fixed it and I now get a more sane 75fps!

I maxxed out on my refreshrate since VSYNC is on, 75 fps.
PII-450 128 Mb RAM, 16 Mb TNT card

--There is only one basic human right and that is the right to do as you damn well please, and with that right comes the only human duty; the duty to take the consequences.-- P.J. O'Rourke
Damn it crashed on my system. said isomap.exe is linked to missing export ddraw.dll:DirectDrawCreateEx. How do I fix that. I have dx7a
Damn it crashed on my system. said isomap.exe is linked to missing export ddraw.dll:DirectDrawCreateEx. How do I fix that. I have dx7a

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement