Advertisement

This is a joke! (US Presidential Election Thread)

Started by October 31, 2016 12:15 AM
209 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 10 months ago

You know, the fact remains that you've discounted what his campaign has run on, and what this election of Trump basically has affirmed. @mikeman has raised a pretty good argument.

Like you've been talking about Trump's campaign as if it's done nothing for racial divide, he's said nothing, etc. That's been more or less discounted by you. Then you claim who cares if the nutcase feel empowered? We do. When nut jobs feel validated, yeah, we feel frightened.

You've already pretty much stated that what people are afraid of is illogical. I mean, considering that it's pretty twisted logic that has been used to justify Donald Trump and his mass idiocy, it doesn't surprise me that what are perfectly rational fears are coming off as irrational to you.

And can we seriously get past the stupidity of who the KKK endorsed? That bullshit has been debunked too many times man, seriously. Your own source states that the endorsement was most likely a BS endorsement. And have we forgotten about who the Crusader endorsed? Who have neo Nazis been holding rallies en masse for?

Let's get real, if you seriously believe that the KKK and related groups did not absolutely love Trump, then I agree, there's no point in debating this because you've pretty much stuck your head in the sand at this point.

Before I move on, there are some concessions to be made:

-Institutions do exist, law does exist, and it can be used to stop the madman we've elected should the need arise

-We will wait and see what happens. It's a fair point. But again, people still feel frightened with good reason. In the meantime, I've told everyone that for the moment we've got to get on with living

Now for your point about why things cannot improve under Donald Trump.

-Manufacturing is never coming back to the US. The sooner you and every other fool who believes otherwise get this into your skulls, the faster we can move on from the bullshit you've been sold. Manufacturing is dead here. It's simply too expensive to be done by Americans. It's either cheaper to do in places like China or cheaper to automate. Americans cannot compete with Chinese guys willing to work for a penny nor can they compete with machines. Protectionism does not work nor will any Congress vote for it because of the mass harm it will cause the US. Do you think other countries will not respond in kind? It's going to cause mass inflation is what it would do. It's been proven (shit my parents lived in a protectionist country, and they know how terribly it works), please do not throw sources in my face from fringe idiots who claim otherwise.

-Drain the swamp? Trump is the fucking swamp man. Again, you've been sold a lie if you think that a provenly corrupt asshole is in this for anything but himself. Again, twisted logic has been used to prove otherwise, so don't throw sources in my face from fringe idiots. If anything, it's just going to turn into a get rid of anyone who's not my crony barrage.

-That stacked Senate/House/Supreme Court is precisely another reason why many worry. If he appoints lunatics to the Supreme Court, life is going to get very difficult here again. It's a perfect recipe for disaster on epic proportions for many in the US.

-The wall is never happening, because of how utterly stupid it was to begin with.

-The mass deportation plan will only happen after bankrupting the US

Most of what he's proposed is either impossible to deliver on, or is basically going to make everyone worse off if he delivers on it. And yes, the bottom really can fall out with nightmare scenarios precisely because of that stacked Senate/House/Court. Like I said, it's unlikely, but so was this fool being elected.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Also, environment isn't *even on his list*, because, well, lol, the whole thing is a hoax anyway.

But... It is a hoax.

Allegedly, there is an issue about global warming. We must do something, or we will all die.

That's why all European countries who are sooooo fucking concerned about it are still sponsoring Diesel cars. Which, as has been known for years, not only do not emit fewer greenhouse gasses, but also emit a lot of stuff which is a lot worse.

But on the other hand, cows are evil, they release greenhouse gasses when they fart, and they poison the ground with nitrates when they shit. We must not eat meat, and we must reduce the number of evil animals, according to the German Greens. Only just, in France, there's twice as much nitrate in the ground, and nobody gives a fuck. Any ill effects? I don't even want to know what the ground looks like in the USA.

There is, following a present Green-driven "analysis", an agenda in Germany to make animal products a lot more expensive "to combat global warming". Because, you know, animals are evil, animal products are evil, and people eating animal products are worse than Hitler. Surely making animal products (meat, milk, cheese, yoghurt) more expensive is the solution to go. After all, milk is good for nothing. Yes, we've taught children to drink milk because it's good for them for centuries. It's all bullshit. We've told the elderly to drink milk to combat osteoporosis, it's all bullshit, too.

Of course processed foods are not on their list. Clearly, an artificial sausage coming from some factory, containing the complete palette of "E"s is a lot healthier and also better for the environment. We wouldn't want to upset the processed food industry, notably Nestle and Kraft Foods, anyway... would we.

Government said "there are currently no plans to follow that recommendation" last month. Which, as you know, means "sure, we will do it in 4-6 weeks".

Incidentially, the price for one liter of milk rose from 43 cents to 65 cents per liter this week. Who would have thought! Yep, that's only a 51% markup, almost not noticeable. Do you remember the last time you got a 51% salary increase? Oh right, I forgot... that's a different story, this raise was to support the poor farmers, they are to get 10% more. Only just, if 10% equals 51%, then you must have a funny understanding of math.

At the same time, the industry is actively encouraged to use more electricity because if you are wasteful with electricity, you not only no longer pay grid transmission charges (only the stupid citizen and the stupid companies who work energy-efficient have to pay them!), and you get governmental sponsorship. Global warming? All bullshit, use more electricity, not less!

I'll not beat the dead horse of windmill parks and photovoltaic again, we already had that one a year ago.

So... all in all... you're thinking this is not a hoax?

Global warming is the same kind of hoax as "Bio" labelled products or "Fair Trade" products. Where the stupid consumer will pay twice as much to support a poor farmer in Nicaragua. Only just, there's on the average about 3 "fair" coffee beans in the whole bag you bought. The rest is just more profit for the reseller. Which is, of course, absolutely legal to do.

Advertisement

Yep. I'm trusting the scientific consensus instead of a random guy on the internet and his analysis about the price of milk. Amazing, I know.

Yep. I'm trusting the scientific consensus instead of a random guy on the internet. Amazing, I know.

Scientific consensus, such as "cows are the major cause of greenhouse gas"? :lol:

Yep. I'm trusting the scientific consensus instead of a random guy on the internet. Amazing, I know.

Scientific consensus, such as "cows are the major cause of greenhouse gas"? :lol:

https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases

Cows don't emit carbon dioxide, so no.

Just don't... samoth is basically a climate change denier so don't waste your time/effort on him...
Advertisement

cows are easy to fix anyway, just plug their butt *

*(may cause mild to moderate symptoms in cows such as well, sudden death)

cows are easy to fix anyway, just plug their butt *

*(may cause mild to moderate symptoms in cows such as well, sudden death)

LOL!

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

When was the last time a group of people went around lynching minorities, exactly?

I don't know about lynching, but what about the black church that was set on fire and vandalized with "Vote Trump" spray-painted on it? Or the Muslim woman who was set on fire in New York? I have also heard reports from a couple of outlets that last night a Muslim woman in Louisiana was beaten with a metal object and then robbed of her wallet and her hijab by two men, at least one of whom was a Trump supporter. Last night someone in the GDNet Discord chat mentioned walking through downtown Seattle and encountering Trump supporters shouting racist and xenophobic chants.

Just because you don't personally see the violence and refuse to believe its survivors doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

But... It is a hoax.

samoth, this may be fodder for a different thread, but:

Humans are notorious for acting in opposition to the truth, even when espousing it. Also, by the logical definition of implication, the conclusion of an argument can be true even if the premise is flawed. Therefore, it appears fallacious to assume that we can infer what is scientifically true from how humans respond to that truth. Are you judging the truth value of a scientific proposition based solely on the missteps of government or political group? If so, then I suggest you have fallen prey to fallacious thinking. If you chose this thinking intentionally, that does not reflect well on your intellectual integrity.

A true scientific thinker should always be open to being convinced by the right evidence. What evidence would convince you that anthropogenic climate change is real? If you say "nothing" or something that is impossible to provide, then we know something about your scientific integrity.

Take your time and think about your answers.
the black church that was set on fire and vandalized with "Vote Trump" spray-painted on it?

... And it's a Trump supporter why? Trump supporters are paying to rebuild it, but seriously, WHY would doing that help Trump's campaign?

Not allowed to link to the_donald reddit in this topic, but there's a thread on there if you look.

https://twitter.com/NikiBBOTT/status/793964024664834048

https://www.gofundme.com/hopewellbaptist?rcid=c1fd764aa14111e6b844bc764e065880

Or the Muslim woman who was set on fire in New York?

Uh.... This was done by a pyromanic black guy and he did it to non-muslims as well. Related to Trump how?

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-3-more-victims-of-man-who-burned-woman-in-muslim-garb/1510841/

heard reports from a couple of outlets that last night a Muslim woman in Louisiana was beaten with a metal object and then robbed of her wallet and her hijab by two men, at least one of whom was a Trump supporter.

There's too many false reports for me to belive anything without an investigation or video.

Here's the short list from the top of my head, with at least a few that are going to be added by the end of the day.

http://www.snopes.com/transgender-suicides-after-2016-election/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-youtube-star-guilty-20161108-story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-family-fled-america-islamophobia-usmani_us_57fd058fe4b0e655eab7aa3c

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/wake-ed-blog/article108224467.html

Meanwhile, is the media going to report as much on all the incidents of Violent Hillary "Protestors"?

Of course not, they chose the "wrong" candidate to support.

I don't really care about climate change unless we get an accord everyone in the world follows (Including China/India).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement