🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

This is a joke! (US Presidential Election Thread)

Started by
209 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 8 months ago

And let's be honest: given the votes that have come in so far, Trump is now as likely to win as Clinton seemed yesterday. This is surprising.

The American people were given a choice, one that doesn't come up very often. To choose between a politician or a celebrity. They chose a celebrity. Celebrities outrank politicians 10 to 1 in their popularity. You would never think Arnold Schwarzenegger, of Terminator fame, would be future governor of California for 8 years? Ronald Reagan was also a celebrity, a Hollywood B-actor. He was President for 8 years. Hell, the American people are so enamored with celebrities, they would pick Bill Gates, Tim Cook, or even Kayne West as president.

Based on that, I will make a predication that Trump will be President for 8 long, disgusting years.

Advertisement

By that I mean, that Samoth you should not advocate all things that president Trump has said so dedicated- you make yourself... silly?

Another event which I'm sure our Resident Trump Apologist will claim is a lie

(Woman is of Asian appearance)

- Woman gets told by man to 'go home'
- Woman walks off and is again confront by man tell her its is rude to walk off
- Brief disagreement over who is an immigrant (she is a USA citizen, makes the point that if she is an immigrant so is he)
- He ignores, calls her ignorant, states she is only at the Uni because of affirmative action
- She turns to walk away
- He grabs her and tells her again it is rude to walk away
- She tells him grabbing her is not ok and asks for him to let go
- He mocks her in ability to escape his grasp
- Reiterates his point about not understanding why she is walking away because he just wants to 'have a conversation'
- Warns him that if he doesn't let go someone will be injured, and it won't be her
- He takes warning as a joke, says 'ok fight me, you wont win' and punches her more than once
- She uses self defence skills, gets out of hold, punches in throat (yeah, at this point I laughed)
- His friends then come to his defence, accuse her of assaulting him and call police
- Police arrest her because the witnesses claim she assaulted him; don't listen to her side
- She is let go because she is a law abiding citizen and thus comes up clean in a check

TLDR;
- Idiot man assaults woman, woman fights back and wins, friends try to get her arrested for assault

Trump's USA 2016!

According to that story the police cuffed her. PERFECT!

Then that means there's a police report on the incident!

Can you provide it? Maybe she provided it? Let's check her post

#racism #whiteprivledge #racist #sexist #ignoranceatitsbest #ignorance#stupidpeople #umn #umntc #Proud #asian #Iamwithher #fear#selfdefense #peopleofcolor #asianamerican

Uh... ok,

She also claims to "not remember" which station the police came from.

Well, She made her post 21 hours ago and it mentions that it happened "today", so it had to have happened on November 9 right? She also said it was on the george washington Bridge in NYC! So the correct police station is http://www.panynj.gov/police/

So, I entered the date to see who could be behind this heinous crime, and....! "our search returned 0 results, please try again!"

Please stop falling for these bullshit stories that are so easy to disprove, guys. Seriously, just stop. You're spreading blatantly false information. Do at least a minimum of research. In this case, it was SO easy to check.

Although honestly, I had a feeling as soon as I saw Sean King's promoting her.

Yeah, congratulations, you played internet detective and found the one story that is probably fake(the description smelled fishy to me too).

Now you can go back to sleep with a clear conscience and pretend Trump's victory doesn't enable bigotry and xenophobia even in toddlers:

https://twitter.com/deray/status/796832322209320960?lang=en

But I'm sure you'll respond that there's nothing particularly worrying about a bunch of children chanting "Build the Wall" - we keep going in circles really. It's only human nature to deny that your choices have consequences in order to ease your conscience - after all, we all need to get some sleep and go to work the next day. Time will tell, and honestly I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2016/11/10/royal-oak-students-chant-build-wall-cafeteria/93581592/

Also, who cares about little Josie's fee-fees anyway? And besides, I bet she doesn't even exist. Let's do a search of birth cirtificates in Royal Oak.

----

I'm stopping this, because it feels perverse to keep posting incidents of harassment just to prove a point in a forum. Personally, all I see here is simple cause and effect, and I've seen it before in my own country with Golden Dawn. Person spouts all sorts of xenophobic, sexist and anti-scientific rhetoric and gets rewarded with the White House. The fact that this will validate such behaviour in his everyday "clones" seems only a logical conclusion to me, but really, really, let's hope I'm wrong.

And in other news, Russia says they've been in touch with Trump's team for a while now. Exchanging hugs and kisses, while gossiping over the latest season of Game Of Thrones no doubt.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

And in other news, Russia says they've been in touch with Trump's team for a while now. Exchanging hugs and kisses, while gossiping over the latest season of Game Of Thrones no doubt.

#NewBestFriends #PutinWouldVoteForTrump #FuckNATO #RussiaJustWantToBeFriendsWithEasternEurope

I would bet, in a year Assad is in power again over all of Syria, as the US pulls out, blocks the NATO from doing anything, and congratulates russia to their successfull fight against terrorism in syria...

IF Trump is now really such a good friend of putin. He will also be a good friend of Assad.

While europe most probably still dwidles their thumbs asking themselves what to do.

Good Times, good times...

I read most of them. Know what I didn't find? A valid police report that has any leads/evidence of injury.

Because clearly, if nobody told the police, it didn't happen.
And clearly, EVERY police report will lead to an investigation, and every one of those investigations will actually lead to someone being charged.
And clearly, making a police report in each and every one of these cases will have enough evidence for them to do something and therefore is not completely pointless.

I'm not going to bother if you're going to refuse to even entertain the thought that any of this is happening and assume that every bad story is a lie.
Just because we hold that a person is "innocent before guilty," doesn't mean that we must disbelieve that the crime happened until proven otherwise.

And because the US Police is still seen as trustworthy by minorities, right? After all those shooting of black people, and the skewed mixture of whites and blacks in prison, CLEARLY there is no bias in the US police corps in general...

Hell, I am sometimes shocked when I see how conservatives, orthodox christians and even neonazis are "infiltrating" the swiss police corps (well, cannot call it infiltration if they get in BECAUSE their bosses are also from the same political spectrum... or just nobody else is crazy enough to apply for the job)... I have a small sample size, but I served in military with some guys that afterwards would join the police (its mandatory in switzerland to serve in military if you want to work for the police afterwards, at least for men)...

When we already had a slight bias to the right in the infantry training unit I got my basic training in, you can bet it wasn't the the left wing oriented people in there that said they wanted to join the police, or from whon I know they did later on.

Nothing against the guys, we had a great time together in military... but it re affirmed my view that there IS a clear skew to the right in ANY police corps, because in the end its rather the rightwing people that WANT to work a policemen.

Now, make your country sway to the extreme right like the US did over the last few years (what you call lefties in the US would be mid- to mildly rightwing people in europe. What you call communists might be mildly leftwing people over here), let the tension between ethnicities go high, mix in some economical and sociel unrest, and see what will get washed into your police corps. I would bet they are not just slightly rightwing people...

So yeah, at this point I wouldn't trust police reports anymore if I was an US citizen. And if I was a minority in the US, I would hesitate to call the police if I would get attacked or harassed.

Don't know if its already as bad as they said it was in Guatemala when I was travelling through Mexico... if you get robbed, don't call the police, they will try to rob you again. But some reports from the US seem to point in that direction, if you replace "robbing" with "harassing".

Well, She made her post 21 hours ago and it mentions that it happened "today", so it had to have happened on November 9 right? She also said it was on the george washington Bridge in NYC! So the correct police station is http://www.panynj.gov/police/

So, I entered the date to see who could be behind this heinous crime, and....! "our search returned 0 results, please try again!"

Please stop falling for these bullshit stories that are so easy to disprove, guys. Seriously, just stop. You're spreading blatantly false information. Do at least a minimum of research. In this case, it was SO easy to check.

You are a terrible internet detective. So 11/9/16 has zero results, right?
So does 11/8, 11/7, 11/6, 11/5... wait, now 11/4 has one result, and then 11/3, 11/2 and earlier all have about a dozen results. Could it be that this online system that looks like it's from 1999 has a delay of about a week in real world paperwork appearing in it? That would seem pretty sensible right?
Also you think that the police of the port authority of NY and NJ only deal with about 12 incidents a day? Sounds legit to me. They must do full paperwork on every single incident and put them all up on the web the same day. I bet. Even when no one has lodged a complaint to press charges. Yep.

Your instant denial of everything does come across as "apologist" type behavior. Why is it so hard to grasp that a candidate who rose to power by stirring up racial tensions and blaming the lower class' problems on immigrants has actually stirred up racial tensions and caused many to publicly blame their problems on immigrants? I thought you'd be proud of his political prowess here... It was a good plan and it worked - he's beaten the establishment and decimated both parties, reinventing US politics in the process.

You explicitly said in an earlier thread that you were supporting him because he'd backflipped on issues so many times in front of different crowds - apparently a demonstration of his power as a populist leader... This is what populists do: they inspire.

Hell, you've got the racist right wing all the way over here in Australia all out in front of the press shouting that a Trump win means that they were right all along, and the rest of us better pander to their agendas or else... I've seen local bogans (rednecks) here come up and start conversations like "How about that Trump win? About time we got rid of the muzzies here too eh? They're basically uneducatable and you can't teach em the culture - little more than animals really!". Thanks for that. This is nice.

Sticking your head in the sand (or up your arse) doesn't change the fact that this is happening now. The left feel entitled to rebel and the extreme right feel empowered to spew hate.

#NewBestFriends #PutinWouldVoteForTrump #FuckNATO #RussiaJustWantToBeFriendsWithEasternEurope

I would bet, in a year Assad is in power again over all of Syria, as the US pulls out, blocks the NATO from doing anything, and congratulates russia to their successfull fight against terrorism in syria...

IF Trump is now really such a good friend of putin. He will also be a good friend of Assad.

While europe most probably still dwidles their thumbs asking themselves what to do.

Good Times, good times...

In terms of foreign policy, I'm predicting remilitarization of Germany, remilitarization of Japan, and Japan opting to build nuclear weapons, because Trump is withdrawing from the world stage. However, that assumes a lot of things.

There were riots in Portland, Oregon. There's calls in California for secession. There is some violent instability here.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement