🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

of interest: faster browsers speeds

Started by
19 comments, last by frob 8 years, 4 months ago
America's internet is powered by chipmunks. And given the notion that it's nigh impossible to be 100% efficient, it all makes sense.
Advertisement
America's internet is powered by unionized chipmunks. Which is why 3rd world countries with slacker labor laws have faster munk-nets.

I live in Australia. Don't talk to me.

Engine, graphics, low-level, security and cross-platform programming. xsngine

How about loading all Advertisements last after all real content is loaded and resolved?

Guess what the answer to THAT would be ....

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

honestly with gigabit internet and 2ms to nearby internet servers i don't really see much of a lag on most pages (ironically, except gamedev once in a while where it just hangs for 10 seconds on loading and then goes back to being silky smooth for a while).

How about loading all Advertisements last after all real content is loaded and resolved?

Guess what the answer to THAT would be ....

using script tag with async and defer is supposed to do this.

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Rapidly changing technology is harder to monetize, standardizing formats and channels is a pita. This is why we are stuck with javascript/html/css. Look how far games have come compared to browsers / websites. We are still living in the 90's. Any douch can speed it up

Don't worry, we can't. The connections keep timing out because your line gets saturated.

Don't worry, we can't. The connections keep timing out because your line gets saturated.
What are you guys complaining about? Australia is pretty much as remote, at the end of the world, as it can be. Well, apart from, maybe, French Polinesia, and the Moon.
Most people (who don't happen to live in Sydney) need like a 1 hour car drive through a Mars-like environment with wild animals to see the neighbours and a 5 hour car drive to do groceries.
Considering that, they are doing an awesome job. They have s great internet coverage, and a totally awesome uplink with very reasonable latencies. I mean, it still works, somehow. Most of the time.

Compare that to my awesome country which is the Greatest Nation in the EU (the words of our dictator, not mine) and the leading high-tech country. German engineering is the best, we are so awesome. Only just, we got none of those internets.
Transylvania has better internet than we do. Hell, Khasachstan has better internet than we do, and I can hardly spell that country correctly (and I'd probably need a minute or two to find it on the map).

What are you guys complaining about? Australia is pretty much as remote, at the end of the world, as it can be. Well, apart from, maybe, French Polinesia, and the Moon.
Most people (who don't happen to live in Sydney) need like a 1 hour car drive through a Mars-like environment with wild animals to see the neighbours and a 5 hour car drive to do groceries.
Considering that, they are doing an awesome job. They have s great internet coverage, and a totally awesome uplink with very reasonable latencies. I mean, it still works, somehow. Most of the time.

Compare that to my awesome country which is the Greatest Nation in the EU (the words of our dictator, not mine) and the leading high-tech country. German engineering is the best, we are so awesome. Only just, we got none of those internets.
Transylvania has better internet than we do. Hell, Khasachstan has better internet than we do, and I can hardly spell that country correctly (and I'd probably need a minute or two to find it on the map).

Wait what, germany has sucky internet? I had no clue as most other EU countries seem to do very good as far as i know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement