Advertisement

Can you boil eggs and pasta at the same time?

Started by March 24, 2015 02:38 PM
49 comments, last by fastcall22 9 years, 6 months ago

If you cook your eggs in the dish washer, be sure to put enough dishwasher salt in. Otherwise you will get hard boiled eggs.

You could also cook your pasta in there at the same time !

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In fact, 1 min was enough, full power, red inside and hot outside.
For bigger pieces of meal, I grilled them two times instead of one.

I've never eaten a steak small enough to fit in a toaster.

Advertisement

Code Fox, on 24 Mar 2015 - 2:54 PM, said:
It must be bachelor season here in the forums ...

Why wouldn't you just use 2 pans ?
more washing up.

If that is the reason why not put both eggs and pasta in the kettle and have pasta, eggs a brew and no washing up?

Huh. Actually, it appears to be different in the States than in the EU -- in the US, the FDA mandates that eggs on store shelves be cleaned and sanitized, but in the EU its mandated that they *not* be washed. Never knew.

Me neither!

Here, I've even got eggs with smears of blood on them...

So to me, the thought of putting an egg together with anything that soaks up a lot of water or would be eaten without being peeled first is a bit horrifying.

Code Fox, on 24 Mar 2015 - 2:54 PM, said:

more washing up.

If that is the reason why not put both eggs and pasta in the kettle and have pasta, eggs a brew and no washing up?

I could do this infact, but the problem comes as the kettle only reaches 80'c then switches off, I would be constantly be turning it on and off.

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

It probably is (most bacteria, like the very common salmonella, would die), but personally I would not.

Chickens have what is called a "cloaca", which means it is the same opening for the intestinal, reproductive, and urinary tracts.

I guess it depends on your local egg producer, but the eggs I get sometimes has a tiny feather, or some dirt on them, so I don't think they are that well cleaned.

I don't like the thought of chicken poop in my pasta.

So wash them.

more washing up.

If you're just boiling eggs and pasta, "washing up" is a bit of an overstatement. You just rinse them, takes 2s.

Advertisement

So wash them.

And splash salmonella all over my kitchen? no thanks...

So wash them.

And splash salmonella all over my kitchen? no thanks...

Do you apply the same logic to washing your hands?

I wash my hands in my bathroom, not in the kitchen where I prepare food.

Also: http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/2014/6084/fsw

This is getting silly though and I realize I start to sound like some kind of germophobe.

I really am not though, I'm just a bit grossed out by eggs, and birds in general, and I've tried to explain why, even though it is not fully rational.

I wash my hands in my bathroom, not in the kitchen where I prepare food.

Also: http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/2014/6084/fsw

This is getting silly though and I realize I start to sound like some kind of germophobe.

I really am not though, I'm just a bit grossed out by eggs, and birds in general, and I've tried to explain why, even though it is not fully rational.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the whole "eggs cause salmonella" was a mistake, which cost the egg economy millions. The person who said it was wrong, and scared the general population (that's right, we are prisoners in the UK :wink: ), and threw the egg market in turmoil

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement