Advertisement

Can you boil eggs and pasta at the same time?

Started by March 24, 2015 02:38 PM
49 comments, last by fastcall22 9 years, 6 months ago

How about egg noodles ? smile.png

Well its interesting you say that. because you could cook noodles eggs and pasta together......

Sorting it would be tricky though something like this would might be needed

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

When I was a student, I used my toaster as a grill for meats.

One beefsteak + Toaster bag + 1 Min in toaster = No dishes grilled beefsteak

Advertisement

When I was a student, I used my toaster as a grill for meats.

One beefsteak + Toaster bag + 1 Min in toaster = No dishes grilled beefsteak

1 min doesn't sound right.... how thin / rare was your meat?

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

Just make sure the temperature is high enough, and it is totally safe...

This link says 100° C might not be enough: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermophile

So just crank it all up to 1000° C, and it is totally safe. No problem there.

I'm sorry, but I don't know in what world that food done in time for just another anime episode is bad.

A world where another 1'000'000 of genuinely good and totally not cheesy anime episodes are waiting to be consumed for free on streaming sites like animejoy. Not time to eat or cook, gotta watch 'em all!

I cook my pasta in the washing machine and my eggs in the dryer.

Just make sure the temperature is high enough, and it is totally safe...

This link says 100° C might not be enough: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermophile

So just crank it all up to 1000° C, and it is totally safe. No problem there.

I'm sorry, but I don't know in what world that food done in time for just another anime episode is bad.

A world where another 1'000'000 of genuinely good and totally not cheesy anime episodes are waiting to be consumed for free on streaming sites like animejoy. Not time to eat or cook, gotta watch 'em all!

luckily im not under the sea

Advertisement

I cook my pasta in the washing machine and my eggs in the dryer.

I can believe the the dryer but doest the pasta get soapy?

Eggs work good in the washing machine too

Any commercially-bought eggs ought to be clean -- An egg when it comes out naturally has a film about it, which is completely removed in the cleaning process. Unless you're buying straight from someone's chicken coop, I wouldn't worry about it being unsafe or imparting any displeasing tastes to the pasta.

We routinely hard-boil/steam our eggs along with other foods. When we make rice in our rice cooker, we just nestle some eggs into the top of the rice, just enough to stabilize them. When we steam foods in our steamer, we put a few eggs on the rack, or down in the water if there's no room. We've done them in the oven too.

That said, unless you're making a lot of pasta at once -- like 4 servings or more, its actually much easier and quicker to not boil your pasta. Unless you have near-boiling water on tap as in a commercial kitchen, you'll eat up tons of time and energy waiting for the water to boil. You can cook your pasta in a pan much quicker, with a fraction of the energy, and you can also finish it off with whatever sauces or toppings right in the pan too, and if you let the water cook down and hold some of it back the starches that seep off the pasta help to thicken your sauce. -- If you use a smallish sauce-pan, and set it to boil while you prep your pasta ingredients, you can probably have hard-boiled eggs by the time your pasta is finished too. Personally, I find a non-stick pan and a small pot/sauce-pan far easier to clean than a large pot that's been full of starchy water.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

OMG.

Eggs would get smashed in the washing machine.

And eggs are not cleaned, because that would make it easier for salmonella to get in.

And you eat pasta with cheese and/or tomato sauce, not with a dry hard-boiled egg.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement