Advertisement

Can you do laundry in a dishwasher?

Started by March 18, 2015 06:08 PM
35 comments, last by Gian-Reto 9 years, 6 months ago
Burning the place down is less than ideal.
Has anyone tryed drying clothes in an oven? Sounds like a bad idea but maybe doing small controlled bursts of heat may work?
Assuming a regular dryer hits about 120 degrees, and an oven able to get down to 180-200 degrees, so short bursts like melting chocolate in the microwave?
you can boil eggs in the dishwasher smile.png

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

Has anyone tryed drying clothes in an oven? Sounds like a bad idea but maybe doing small controlled bursts of heat may work?

Seriously? Again, thinking things through a bit, you'll get oil, grease, and burn marks from the grill. Unless you put it in a pan, where you risk all kinds of other issues like ruining your clothes and burning down the apartment.

Visit a laundromat.

Or buy a scrub bucket, washboard, and clothesline.

why can you not hand wash in a sink...

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

if you have a blender, depending on how much you need washing, you can use that. just put some soap in, use a whisk spinny thing not a blade

I was actually thinking that. Like a vitamix mixing blending mode (not chopping or whatever).

Advertisement

There would be human hair all over the inside of the dishwasher ... which would end up on the dishes .

On a side note ... what do folks who live in China call their fine dinnerware ?

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

On a side note ... what do folks who live in China call their fine dinnerware ?

India? Or maybe Egypt? (idk if there's a ware appended to those)

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I have used the microwave to dry socks when I was a student but, washing clothes in a dishwasher sounds like a bad idea.

You could tie your clothes to the roof of your car and visit the carwash.

How about just taking your shower with the clothes on? There, done two things at once... for maximum effciency, also take your dishes into the shower!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement