Advertisement

A Collaborative Free and Open-Source OS?

Started by April 06, 2014 07:22 PM
115 comments, last by Tutorial Doctor 10 years, 5 months ago

3) You probably should be starting it so that way it stops being a dream

No you don't understand, let me answer this with a quote:

Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
seriously?

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

I mean, you realize, you haven't even thought up the *fictional* JARVIS, sci-fi writers have. All you've done so far is wishing it existed . . .
For crying out loud mate, I've seen you go on about this for months, on more than one forums. Snap out of it and start *making* something instead of counting how many lines of code Unreal has.

1) You have no idea what i've thought up.
2) Show me exactly where i said "i wish it will exist".
3) Show me exactly where i said "i am starting this project today".
4) Show me exactly where i said "i'm not going to make a pong clone".
Thanks.
1) This one is true. You have frequently denied the meaning behind your posts so even though you say lots of stuff who knows what you are thinking
2) Plenty of times just in this topic and plenty elsewhere too
4) You may not have used those words but many times you gave out about advice given to beginners and single programmers.
show where i said "i wish this OS existed" and i'll stop. Just one, please.

If you want to make it, then you want it to exist in the future. Common sense and logic

My version of J.A.R.V.I.S. not Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S. except you know any need to have a weirdly powered super suit for fighting things with a cell in the user as a heart?
You don't make that by reading "that book", except you know something i don't. Just one certain kind of architecture needed and yes, "if you can dream it, you can make it".

That's why i'm tired of watching movies rather than making the things in the movies

I WILL still do it and the assumption of doing it alone is interesting.

And those are quotes saying you want to make it.

Advertisement

In all seriousness, what is it to dream though? Are we in a dream? Are you all a figment of my imagination? What is a "figment" anyway?

Such mysteries of life.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I mean, you realize, you haven't even thought up the *fictional* JARVIS, sci-fi writers have. All you've done so far is wishing it existed . . .
For crying out loud mate, I've seen you go on about this for months, on more than one forums. Snap out of it and start *making* something instead of counting how many lines of code Unreal has.

1) You have no idea what i've thought up.
2) Show me exactly where i said "i wish it will exist".
3) Show me exactly where i said "i am starting this project today".
4) Show me exactly where i said "i'm not going to make a pong clone".
Thanks.
1) This one is true. You have frequently denied the meaning behind your posts so even though you say lots of stuff who knows what you are thinking
2) Plenty of times just in this topic and plenty elsewhere too
4) You may not have used those words but many times you gave out about advice given to beginners and single programmers.
show where i said "i wish this OS existed" and i'll stop. Just one, please.
If you want to make it, then you want it to exist in the future. Common sense and logic

My version of J.A.R.V.I.S. not Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S. except you know any need to have a weirdly powered super suit for fighting things with a cell in the user as a heart?You don't make that by reading "that book", except you know something i don't. Just one certain kind of architecture needed and yes, "if you can dream it, you can make it".

That's why i'm tired of watching movies rather than making the things in the movies

I WILL still do it and the assumption of doing it alone is interesting.

And those are quotes saying you want to make it.
It is common sense so why haven't i seen "wish" there? This is why i don't like arguing. Someone brings up things i didn't say and i argue and eventually it gets locked, just like most of my threads :(.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

In all seriousness, what is it to dream though? Are we in a dream? Are you all a figment of my imagination? What is a "figment" anyway?

Such mysteries of life.

A "figment" of God's imagination.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--

Such mysteries of life.

You're asking the big questions, to which there are no straight answers.

I've been watching a lot of Rupert Sheldrake's talks recently. He's conducted numerous experiments with evidence showing that we are all connected subconsciously somehow, and puts forward the idea that we share the same subconsciousness - a "morphogenic field"- as he calls it - located outside of the spacetime continuum. Dreaming is simply the act of returning to said subconsciousness.

Perhaps you and I are the same being when viewed from the greater picture of schemes. It's what makes the most sense in my mind currently.

I've spent a great deal of my life absently questioning our existence and thinking about questions such as these, and while it's fun to make theories, ultimately one can only speculate.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty
Advertisement

It is common sense so why haven't i seen "wish" there? This is why i don't like arguing. Someone brings up things i didn't say and i argue and eventually it gets locked, just like most of my threads sad.png.

Maybe that's because you and others are continously arguing? Just like this thread. It's about operating systems but half the posts are of people arguing.

I suppose we go a bit more on-topic again?

Creating a kernel yourself won't be easy, and will probably never get to the speed or amount of featuers the Linux kernel has. You could however take another - more modular - kernel like Minix and develop your own desktop environment for it and change the kernel to fit your needs.

It is common sense so why haven't i seen "wish" there? This is why i don't like arguing. Someone brings up things i didn't say and i argue and eventually it gets locked, just like most of my threads sad.png.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/wish?q=wish

Just because you don't use the word doesn't mean you don't use the meaning of the word.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

It is common sense so why haven't i seen "wish" there? This is why i don't like arguing. Someone brings up things i didn't say and i argue and eventually it gets locked, just like most of my threads :(.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/wish?q=wish

Just because you don't use the word doesn't mean you don't use the meaning of the word.
Seriously? You want to argue?

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--

714-epic-facepalm.jpg
"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement