Advertisement

A Collaborative Free and Open-Source OS?

Started by April 06, 2014 07:22 PM
115 comments, last by Tutorial Doctor 10 years, 5 months ago

Now that I think about it, perhaps an OS with AI would be the best OS.
I used this software once that I can't find anyone called Cynthia 3.0. It was pretty much a chat bot whose image and animation you could change. You could teach it like:
"The sun is a big ball of burning gas in the sky."
This information would be saved to a text file.
Then you could type "what is a sun?"
And it would respond "The sun is a big ball of burning gas in the sky."
Creating a useful enough AI for such a system as seen in sic-fi movies doesn't seem far off with technology like this around, other than voice recognition files, and realistic text to speech recordings.
I myself am working on a pretty realistic AI system that started as a way to detect objects like we do in real life using senses.
I just picked up a new term called "fuzzy logic." That is what such a system as JARVIS would need to use.
To make such AI, You would need the most skilled people in every major science, medical, and artistic field (artistic if you want to make an iron man suit). And you'd need a good and simple yet effective plan.
Perhaps you'd need a cross of augmented reality and virtual reality to get sight right for iron man.
This topic has turned rather fantastic. Haha.

Have you heard of JARVIS OS? It's being made by a group of 7 people with an average age of < 20. The founder is less than 20 (last time i checked).
Making something as awesome as this is simply hard. Take it one step at a time.
For example, you can start with "JARVIS, search for Iron man on google" then "JARVIS, backup all my phone data and check my schedule" till you reach "JARVIS, make me a watchdogs duplicate and an engine 10 times more efficient than cryengine+unreal". Eventually, it'll reach "Kitt (do you know Kitt?), attack mode". Come to think of it, Kitt is better than JARVIS (name wise).

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Right, and you happen to have any idea yourself on how that machine/AI would be built, other than wishing about it and fantasizing about its existence inspired by comic books and movies? I mean, you realize, you haven't even thought up the *fictional* JARVIS, sci-fi writers have. All you've done so far is wishing it existed, and even your types of "wishes" ("make me an engine 10 times more efficient than cryengine") show exteme naivety: "Make me an engine more efficient than X" means squat. This is not Alladin and the Magical Genie. Even to a hypothetical extremely advanced AI, you'd have to lay down the specifications of the system you want to be built in exact detail. Not only you have absolutely no idea on what this system would take to be built, you have absolutely no idea on what the input to such a system would need to be to yield useful results. Your fantasies would be weak even as sci-fi fan literature, let alone scientific reality.

See, I could go around on forums too, claiming I will "start" with a spaceship that speeds at 0.1c, then at 0.3c, then at 0.5c, and eventually "it'll reach" one that speeds at 0.999c and visit other solar system...and the reality would be...I haven't even made a LEGO spaceship yet.

Yeah...things seem *real* easy when your context are action sci-fi movies, and every problem is solved with technobabble, hand-waving and a change of polarity.

For crying out loud mate, I've seen you go on about this for months, on more than one forums, things are not gonna materialize if you fantasize about them long enough. Snap out of it and start *making* something instead of counting how many lines of code Unreal has. Maybe then you'll see how hard building something really is and what does it take. Right now you have a head full of fantasies and absolutely nothing to show. Not even a pong clone.

Advertisement

I mean, you realize, you haven't even thought up the *fictional* JARVIS, sci-fi writers have. All you've done so far is wishing it existed . . .
For crying out loud mate, I've seen you go on about this for months, on more than one forums. Snap out of it and start *making* something instead of counting how many lines of code Unreal has.

1) You have no idea what i've thought up.
2) Show me exactly where i said "i wish it will exist".
3) Show me exactly where i said "i am starting this project today".
4) Show me exactly where i said "i'm not going to make a pong clone".
Thanks.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

But everything you say is merely a wish. So far I haven't seen you contribute to this forum anything other than posting about how you will someday make the most advanced thing ever and what it will do. That's a wish smile.png

Gah, anyway, we've derailed this thread way too much...in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have made those posts, but, well...

I just picked up a new term called "fuzzy logic." That is what such a system as JARVIS would need to use.

If your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...

I'm sure anything like JARVIS would need a lot more advanced methods then just fuzzy logic.

Specially since fuzzy logic has been around for 60-100 years depending on how you count, and we still don't have any Jarvises..

This is to both TD and Nathan2222:

If you are serious about AI, a good starting point is reading "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach" by Peter Norvig and Stuart Russel.

Just to get up to speed with the current "state of the art", before trying to improve on it, and to not spend too much time on already mapped ground.

Link to the books homepage: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/

here
here
here
here
here
here
here
"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty
Advertisement

I mean, you realize, you haven't even thought up the *fictional* JARVIS, sci-fi writers have. All you've done so far is wishing it existed . . .
For crying out loud mate, I've seen you go on about this for months, on more than one forums. Snap out of it and start *making* something instead of counting how many lines of code Unreal has.

Thanks.

1) This one is true. You have frequently denied the meaning behind your posts so even though you say lots of stuff who knows what you are thinking

2) Plenty of times just in this topic and plenty elsewhere too

3) You probably should be starting it so that way it stops being a dream

4) You may not have used those words but many times you gave out about advice given to beginners and single programmers.

hereherehereherehereherehere
All those "here's" and not one "wish".
@mikeman: You see. You just abruptly said things i didn't say, just like you did in another thread. Hmm.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--

Thanks.
1) This one is true. You have frequently denied the meaning behind your posts so even though you say lots of stuff who knows what you are thinking
2) Plenty of times just in this topic and plenty elsewhere too
4) You may not have used those words but many times you gave out about advice given to beginners and single programmers.
show where i said "i wish this OS existed" and i'll stop. Just one, please.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--

No you don't understand, let me answer this with a quote:

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement