🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Direct Draw Clipper Question

Started by
1 comment, last by Brad 24 years, 5 months ago
Just a quick theoretical question. If you are using the standard double buffering technique of drawing everything to your back surface and than flipping that surface with your primary surface, would it still work if you attached the clipper to the primary surface? or would that do nothing?
Advertisement
Are you trying to mask an area of your frontbuffer?

I don''t think Flip() pays attention to the clipper... in order to do something like that you''d have to give up Flip and do a Blt instead.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Well this is my problem:

We are using the level editor Mappy to design our levels. And for some odd reason some of the functions in the Mappy DX library cause the program to crash if they are used while a clipper is attached.

If I can''t get around it by attaching the clipper to a different surface than maybe I can just deattach the clipper before I call those funcions?

So that leads to my next question. How do you DE-attach a direct draw clipper?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement