Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 17 years ago
I wonder if anyone is going to opt out of the Explosion element...
"It is not enough to merely faces one's fears. One must run screaming toward them,"
Expect to see a lot of crystals+explosions games where the protagonist is a pony or accountant. It's a convenient place to bury an unwanted element, yet it makes it impossible to claim that the element isn't significantly present.
Advertisement
Also, I have discovered, in these elements, several new band names.
Unexpected... and lame. I guess some of us may look fondlier to last year's elements, now! :P

So long a wait just to get "Ponies" and "Accountants"?!? I'm sure there are some great game ideas waiting to be made out of those elements, but I feel kinda "cheated", I you know what I mean... Too high expectations, too many days waiting for those elements, too many clicks on the "Refresh" button, me thinks.
"Senri no michi mo ippo kara (A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...)"
Quote: Original post by Moe
How litteral do these things have to be? For example, if I have a vehicle that plays a very prominant vehicle in my game called a Pony, could that work?

It's difficult to draw the line on that kind of thing. If it were just called a 'Pony' that might not be enough, but if it had a pony painted on the side that would increase its chances. Tough to call, but as with previous years, I recommend erring on the side of "definitely OK."

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

OK I'm up for the challenge. Just, don't expect my ponies to be nice and friendly. They'll carry chainsaws, and blow things up.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by superpig
How litteral do these things have to be? For example, if I have a vehicle that plays a very prominant vehicle in my game called a Pony, could that work?

It's difficult to draw the line on that kind of thing. If it were just called a 'Pony' that might not be enough, but if it had a pony painted on the side that would increase its chances. Tough to call, but as with previous years, I recommend erring on the side of "definitely OK."

Okay, good to know. I think I can make it work... :)

Quote: Original post by shotgunnutter
OK I'm up for the challenge. Just, don't expect my ponies to be nice and friendly. They'll carry chainsaws, and blow things up.

I second this lol. Rambo style ponie
I like these! I have an idea where these elements should work out really well. We'll see. Let's get cracking! Good luck everyone.
Quote: Original post by superpig

So Halo's 'Warthog' probably wouldn't make it?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement