🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New version of demo available

Started by
76 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
This is pretty cool. I ran it a couple of times and once one of the bots got stuck in the walking animation against a rock, after a while the other bot found him and just shot him like a sitting duck, such vicious creatures you''ve created Kevin. I''m guessing this sticking problem is due in part to the bots obstacle avoidance code or something. Another match started off pretty crappy, one of the bots laid down a bomb and it hit him, so he took off and the two bots found each other and had a good shoot out, i found it to be quite entertaining
Advertisement
Doh, thanks Hedos. Nice work Kevin.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
Works fine, unless I press F5 multiple times at the end, but that''s not a big bug. Being able to restart by pressing F5 would be useful.

P4 3.06GHz
512 DDR RAM
64 Radeon Mobility 9000
WinXP Home
An ability to restart would be nice, but Kevin has already stated that it will not happen. At least for this contest.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Dual Celeron/466
Matrox G400
Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy
Windows XP Pro SP1

Ran just fine once I switched to compatibility mode for 98/ME. If there were any sound effects or music, then I didn''t hear them.

Love & Peace ^_^v
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
Love & Peace ^_^vCapt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
How many times I have to remind you that those bots are just test bots... and besides that problem is not about executable but bot''s code.

Remind me? Let''s see, just that once. And I wasn''t too sure if it was a bot problem or not. It could have been a problem with the executable cutting the bot''s processing time down, if the computer executed the code very quickly. I just wanted to bring this situation to Kevin''s attention.
Doesn''t work.
Signature is under consideration...
Works Fine

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz             Memory: 512MB RAM    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)        Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller        Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller   Display Memory: 64.0 MB     Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)          Monitor: Dell E771p  Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024 
Finally got around to downloading and testing it out...works fine for me.

Win2000 Professional
Athlon 1GHz
384MB RAM
16MB nVidia TNT2 Vanta
...craptastic HP monitor
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
How do u switch to Win 2000 compatibility mode in WIN XP ???>?????

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement