🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New version of demo available

Started by
76 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
It doesn''t seem to be working for me? it app starts up but when i click File->Go... nothing. tried F5... nothing. am i missing something here.... the ini file is unchanged and just has TestPlayer twice... i have the dll in the bots directory.. i haven''t changed anything.

WinXP
Athlon 1.4Ghz
384MB Ram
GeForce2 MX 400
Advertisement
Won't run at all on my machine, just crashes straight out. I don't really expect it to work given my specs, but what version of DirectX and other libraries do we need?

My (non-games...) machine here is:
PII-750 (or so...)
Windows 2000
DirectX 8.0
512Mb RAM
Intel On-board GFX

--------------
Error is:

The instrustion at "0x6fac7663" referenced memory at "0x0937d0000". The memory could not be "read".

[edited by - mad_goldfish on July 17, 2003 1:33:46 PM] Corrected my memory spec. + Typo

[edited by - mad_goldfish on August 4, 2003 11:36:55 AM]
the exe crashes in my system...

WinXP Pro
P4 2.4 GHz
TNT2 M64, 32 MB
256 DDR RAM

error description:

AppName: gdarena.exe
AppVer: 1.0.01
ModName: glu32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600 Offset 00006be5
Z
Ok, I''ll put in a workaround for some of these crashes, or at least what I think is causing some of these crashes.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by mad_goldfish
Won''t run at all on my machine, just crashes straight out. I don''t really expect it to work given my specs, but what version of DirectX and otehr libraries do we need?

It doesn''t use DirectX, just OpenGL. All I can advise at the moment (until I attempt a fix) is that you have the latest version of your video card''s drivers.

Admin for GameDev.net.

The last version was working, but this one just crash with the same error:

Edit: Cool, just run the application in compatibility mode for Windows 2000 and it works !

[edited by - Hedos on July 17, 2003 2:06:44 PM]
quote: Original post by Hedos
The last version was working, but this one just crash with the same error:

Edit: Cool, just run the application in compatibility mode for Windows 2000 and it works !

[edited by - Hedos on July 17, 2003 2:06:44 PM]

Yeah, that works on mine too.
Works perfectly for me.

WinXP SP 1
TNT2 16MB
Athlon 800MHZ
256MB RAM

Qui fut tout, et qui ne fut rien
Invader''s Realm
I know you''re more concerned about compatibility so let me first say that it runs great on my system:

PIII 733MHz
128MB RAM
ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro
Windows 98

At work a couple of days ago I downloaded the demo that you had up before there was a whole forum for this contest... but I didn''t have room on my zip disk to extract the whole thing, so I deleted it and figured I''d mess with it later at home... so today I downloaded the new demo and I noticed that the old demo had many more bots... Is it possible at some point to make the other bots available again?
quote: Original post by TempusElf
I know you''re more concerned about compatibility so let me first say that it runs great on my system:

PIII 733MHz
128MB RAM
ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro
Windows 98

At work a couple of days ago I downloaded the demo that you had up before there was a whole forum for this contest... but I didn''t have room on my zip disk to extract the whole thing, so I deleted it and figured I''d mess with it later at home... so today I downloaded the new demo and I noticed that the old demo had many more bots... Is it possible at some point to make the other bots available again?

I can.. the "bobby" bot didn''t really do much, though. Also, it used an older version of the arena, so it would crash if it was ever hit by a bullet or grenade. The TestPlayer/Kevin bot is my test bot, but I have it fight itself. I will most likely release it with the rest of the documentation.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement