Advertisement

The Ultimate Super Mario Brothers Thread

Started by December 14, 2002 10:10 PM
43 comments, last by Rixter 12 years, 6 months ago
Why hasn''t anyone posted this yet?
quote: Original post by CmndrM
Why hasn''t anyone posted this yet?

I''d never seen that before. Pretty funny, especially lines like this, " Once the castle is seized and the resident leader sacked (and thrown into a lake of fire), we see no more clearly what Mario’s intentions are, than when he raises his own flag of victory."
masterghttp:/masterg.andyc.org
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Sneftel
Mario and Luigi were actually hungarian, not italian!

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

They were from Brooklyn.
They''re Italian imigrants, sillies.

How can they be hungarian with names like Mario and Luigi and when they have Italian accents? (though rather fake ones)...
quote: Original post by CmndrM
How can they be hungarian with names like Mario and Luigi and when they have Italian accents? (though rather fake ones)...

They were given italian names very late in the development process, after test audiences didn''t respond well to their hungarian ones. Their accents were a later addition... after all, Mario and Luigi didn''t talk at all in the original game.

The castle in Super Mario Brothers was actually modeled after a real castle from the Ottoman Empire, with the motto "insili in contum mei".

Advertisement
quote: In mario 64 if you have mario stand next to certain trees and wait then he will pee on it (really!)

O_o What trees are those?

------------
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
"It's all part of the conspiracy of conspirators conspiring to conspire their own conspiracies..."

[edited by - LockePick on December 15, 2002 2:15:34 PM]
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Sonic The Hedgehog is better.
Sonic is teh suck.

quote: They were given italian names very late in the development process, after test audiences didn''t respond well to their hungarian ones.

That doesn''t make them Hungarian. That means that they were going to be Hungarian, but aren''t anymore.

Italians are way cooler anyway I mean, there''s no such thing as an Hungarian Stallion
I know the lyrics to the end of the super mario brothers super show.

Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side,
Come on its time to go do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again,
Lets do the Mario all together now!

[cheesy electric instrumental break]
You got it!
It''s the Mario!

Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side,
Come on its time to go do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again,
Lets do the Mario all together now!

[cheesy electric instrumental break]

Come on now!
Just like that!

The best episode is the one where both mario and luigi want to go to a costume party as elvis.

-----------
I MADE ALL OF YOU WAIT 3 DAYS FOR A MEXICAN WRESTLER!
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement