Advertisement

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Started by January 19, 2002 09:32 AM
2 comments, last by Kylotan 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys: before you post on any of GameDev''s other forums, please take a look at this article: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. This article was written with coding projects in mind, and points out the right way to ask questions, and points out why some people don''t like you to do it the wrong way. It uses the word "hacker" to describe a skilled person who potentially knows about what you''re asking, but the general rules within apply to GameDev and any other online service where people can ask for help. Follow these guidelines and everyone''s happy [ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Good article, but no one really seems to want to read. Maybe gamedev should link it in the main page and direct every new user to read that article.
Hello from my world
Advertisement
I''d advise you condensed it and had Dave make it a GDNet announcement.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
It could do with editing to change the Linux-specific content to give it a more general theme. Sadly, I don''t really have the time for Yet Another Project right now, but if someone else got bored and wanted to help GDNet a little, this is one way

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement