🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has the coronavirus outbreak impacted you at all?

Started by
83 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 11 months ago

Correction to my post above:

All of Spain has entered a state of alert this afternoon. We are only allowed to leave the house for important reasons (which includes shopping for food). It is being said that this will last for 2 weeks. But not everybody seems to be reasonable and comply with the decree.

Advertisement

Well, I'm pretty exhausted now because a friend of mine is stranded on the Philippines and apparently unable to get out of the situation without help… I called TUI (travel company), Philippine Airlines, the German embassy in Manila, … I think I might actually have a way out for him, unless they close the airport in San Vicente, too. Then he's truly f***ed.

@m0n0_m4n You're overreacting, it's highly unlikely you have Covid-19, and even if you have it it's very unlikely you'll die at your age.

@undefined Curious question, how are you supposed to walk your dogs? Although I guess that falls under necessities.

@beosar In worst case your government might need to arrange emergency transportation for him.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Vilem Otte said:

@beosar In worst case your government might need to arrange emergency transportation for him.

I don't think that's gonna happen. It's only a month, they would just tell him to wait. He is literally in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah go to store and they tell you pay via credit card then you want to use the card but hey terminals do not work cause they're flooded with some '
disinfectant' which causes electronic not to work….

And funniest thing empty store shelves? people have watched too much zombie movies lol

I can't get no ….. desinfection … but i try, and i try …

humdidum :-)

@deltaKshatriya Well, the area I live at in Sweden hasn't actually had a confirmed or even a suspected case yet, but a lot of people have been told that if they can they should work from home and avoid going outside unless it's actually necessary.

All the pasta and toilet paper is gone from the shelves though.

To be very honest covid-19 has affected my weekends. I work in a company that call for full focus and attention.

As a result of this, I have to work for more than forty hours from Monday to Friday. So I have only Saturday and Sunday To relax. I spent my leisure hours to watching football matches and other sporting activities on satellite subscribed TV.

Now that all sporting activities have been suspended till indefinite, it means I will be have boring weekends because I person who like staying indoor when I am less busy.

Also, it has affected my business too, because I have a websites which various grilling equipments and tools like wireless thermometers, grate, grill, smoker etc. Revenue has been reduced since covid-19 broke out. I wish they could found the cure on time so that everything will return to normal.

Those of us who are in the US are starting to all feel the restrictions. Everyone’s being told to stay home. Curfews have been emplaned in some areas. Gods I wonder how long this’ll last.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement