Advertisement

Anyone got the answer?

Started by December 05, 2001 10:00 PM
29 comments, last by Andrew Nguyen 22 years, 9 months ago
I have a Compaq laptop with both XP and Mandrake 8.1 and both work beautifully. Of course the XP was preloaded and I put the Mandrake on. I didnt have any problems with the Linux install and just used the default install. Not sure how the desktops work(from the other posts not well I assume) so good luck with your dad. As for Linux vs Windows I like Linux better for stability and speed. At the moment Windows still has the market on compatable games so for me it is a necessary evil. But one day I hope Linux will be able to stand without the need of MS. And before you flame me, (it is ok, I hate looking at the truth too) with the "are you crazy, the software on Linux is much better" argument let me agree, the few selections there are rock, unfortunately until there are more than a handfull to look at (fill in the blank) ________________.

Grellin - CGP
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement