🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Student Placement staff, seeking advice

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 6 years, 9 months ago

Hello all,

I am working at Preston's College (North West of England, UK) and am trying to offer students studying in their final year games design course a work placement opportunity.  After meeting with them they have come back to me with suggestions on working in the following fields:

3D modelling, Games Design, Concept Art, Games Testing, Animation and Video Editing.

I am struggling to find companies around this area (mainly because I am unsure of who I should be targeting) and wondered if anyone is working on a game, requires artwork, animation, support in games design etc and if our students may be able to help.  We are looking for 40 days of employment (unpaid, as it is an opportunity for them to gain experience).  Office work would be our main preference so students experience social and interactive skills but I totally understand that this work could be completed remotely (I'm trying to think out of the box to give them the experience).

I understand this is probably away from normal topics and support requests but it felt like here may be a good start for me for some ideas.

Thanks for your support,

Steve 

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

I understand this is probably away from normal topics and support requests but it felt like here may be a good start for me

Wrong forum. Moving to the Lounge (and changing the title of the thread to avoid running afoul of the rules here).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement