🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Searching for any Game Programmers currently working at a game studio.

Started by
4 comments, last by frob 7 years, 2 months ago

Hello all,

My name is Dylan Janecka, and I was hoping to find someone who I could possibly interview. I am an aspiring game programmer and my hearts desire is to make games for a living, big or small. Someday I hope to have my very own studio comparable to EA, Gearbox, Bethesda to name a few. I'm a sophomore in college, and a computer science major, and per an assignment am required to interview someone who is in this field since it has to do with my future career. If anyone would consider a short interview just on questions regarding the job and possibly some of your successes or failures to note, I would be truly grateful. If you would like just leave an email so I can contact you. Thanks again, and happy developing everyone!

Advertisement

Have you searched the forums? Many people have asked similar questions in the past and received enlightening answers. Over the past two decades there are quite a few questions and answers.

If you still can't find answers, rather than requiring private discussions through email, consider asking the questions here so that future people can see the responses. That way when they ask we can direct them to also search the discussion forum's 17-year history before asking new questions.

Hi Frob,
I have not done much searching yet, I am new to the site. However I was a little vague in my question, this is actually part of an assignment and it is required that we interview someone in our field. As far as the interview goes it could be email, phone, Skype etc.

That being said I would be delighted to share the interview here for others to see per permission of the interviewee. Also I created an account this evening I will definitely be spending more time on the forums.

The interview does not have to be very long, I am required to sum up the information to be put in an Employment Outlook Report with a group of students with similar majors.

Thanks again for your response, what is your profession/title?

-Schmick

what is your profession/title?

Did you try clicking the link to his site in his sig? On his site,
click "About Me."

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks Tom! :wink:

Wow, that's multiple projects out of date. Still, it gives a good overview of a few of my projects.

/Edit - Okay, two hours later the page is more current. If I don't say anything, nobody will know. :ph34r:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement