🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Started drawing a game. Need feedback.

Started by
43 comments, last by krogoth.g 6 years, 5 months ago

Looking at your progress of developing the characters, I am really impressed. I think you made a great choice changing the boundary box from square to circle - it makes everything less crowded. It does feel quite nostalgic aesthetically and I quite dig this. Looking forward to your future updates.  

Advertisement

@cheezitann Thank you !

Here is very early (primitive) concept of Barracks.

There are very little details but the picture of both is meant to help me to decide how much walls I would like to have.

The most part of walls shall be decorated.

SWJUbYT.png

The design of Barracks is similar to Warcraft II but I have made this decision because I like the scale of objects.

There must be little buildings and free space within yard.

This thought I keep in mind because there will be a hero that can summon Barracks for duration. So the buildings are better to look cheap and the walls are easy to abstract one's mind from them if they are not meant to be.

Edit:

Also:

htjmQog.png

: D

Short demonstration of Tanad, Footman-class hero and his Flame Ring ability.

Tanad has triple normal health and slightly more attack damage but his most damage output comes from Flame Ring.

Footman-class hero will benefit from most Footman upgrades (armor, damage, etc.) and have skill tree of 10.

Hello guys!

I would love to share with you current progress before I go to rest.

Here it is:

Any feedback and ideas, even including gameplay, are appreciated!

There is no fully-featured thread for the game but it's coming soon and we will be able to talk about not only visual aspect!

Will be back.

P.S. I have found out that minimap on top is probably better because button descriptions drop down.

6 hours ago, krogoth.g said:

Hello guys!

I would love to share with you current progress before I go to rest.

Here it is:

Any feedback and ideas, even including gameplay, are appreciated!

There is no fully-featured thread for the game but it's coming soon and we will be able to talk about not only visual aspect!

Will be back.

P.S. I have found out that minimap on top is probably better because button descriptions drop down.

Love it so far mate ;) , awesome work, what price range youre planing on it?

3 minutes ago, zizulot said:

Love it so far mate  , awesome work, what price range youre planing on it?

The game (campaign, multiplayer, world editor) is meant to be free as soon as it's crowdfunded! : )

More info shall appear at the end of this week as I finish few important concepts.

5 minutes ago, krogoth.g said:

The game (campaign, multiplayer, world editor) is meant to be free as soon as it's crowdfunded! : )

More info shall appear at the end of this week as I finish few important concepts.

AWESOME!!!!

A few words about Tanad Alterblaze, a Tier 1 Hero Footman that you had chance to see.

Welcome:

image.png.e4ebde85c4528410848778eda2e64f3a.png

Tanad Alterblaze!

(All drawings are obviously unfinished, I am having fun : ) )

As a Tier 1 Hero he is not a good hand-to-hand combatant against many high Tier heroes but what shall keep him relevant through the whole game is his very useful skillset.

First, he can spawn Flame Ring of 3 sparks of fire that spin at high rate and damage everyone on their way. So be careful, your adjacent units are damaged as well.

Second, he can spawn Barracks in instant (that exist for 30 sec and can train Footmen). As Footman-class heroes can be revived at Barracks, if he spawns Barracks before death, he can be revived right at place of death!

(But the Barracks summoning has a pretty long cooldown.)

Third, he can pilot Copter as it's his natural talent and he finds a lot of fun in that. As soon as there is nearby Workshop, he can transform into Copter and then (with short cooldown) can transform back to Footman at nearby Barracks. So, with ability to summon Barracks he can transform back to Footman at virtually any time.

As a Copter, Tanad gains unobstructed movement, high speed and can damage ground units with Flame Ring, though he is unarmed.

(Copters do not have guns! Why we have tech but not much guns shall lore explain. : ) )

Early concept of Copter:

image.png.d97a9714b594038eb18518357c4e455a.png

Portal:

image.png.4eb6ac82ea062858ef05d209ac3eaf3d.png

Probably the most colorful thing I have drawn recently.

It is local portal which can teleport any medium-size object to the other part of the map.

As Portal is the source of great energy, it also increases mana regeneration of units around.

But also you cannot build anything nearby Portal (maybe with rare exceptions) because no structure can withstand it for much time.

That's it for today.

I have started many things but didn't finish them all.

So we got more interface, also I have decided to increase sprites.

(Must be significantly better for big display)

(Action is almost the same as in previous video but the picture differs, also piece of Gold Mine is borrowed from WCII because I was tired to draw it today and that hole was horrible )) )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement