Advertisement

This is a joke! (US Presidential Election Thread)

Started by October 31, 2016 12:15 AM
209 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 10 months ago

"This made me smile actually, and laugh. Thanks so much for this."

It should make you scared. That's what the code WAS for a long time -- Congress made the military install the PAL systems because they were worried about unauthorised launch, but the pentagon was worried about decapitation strikes. So they set the codes to 00000000 so the missiles could be launched without authority if they lost comms. They were like that from the mid-60s into the 80s.

(It should have been the *first thing* that Joshua tried...)

"This made me smile actually, and laugh. Thanks so much for this."

It should make you scared. That's what the code WAS for a long time -- Congress made the military install the PAL systems because they were worried about unauthorised launch, but the pentagon was worried about decapitation strikes. So they set the codes to 00000000 so the missiles could be launched without authority if they lost comms. They were like that from the mid-60s into the 80s.

(It should have been the *first thing* that Joshua tried...)

Look, I'm already frightened, not least because I'm a minority man, son of two immigrants. If we're fucked, at least I can find the humor in how we are fucked.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

So, Scott Adams was apparently right in his analysis (even calling WI for trump a few weeks ago). The key factors were

1. The left has been very aggressively attacking Trump supporters with personal attacks/stealing Trump signs. This depressed Clinton's likability, which nuked her enthusiasm/depressed her turnout. So thanks for all the personal attacks the past few election threads I guess. If you've said something to the effect of "You're an idiot and Trump's a racist", you helped him get elected :wink: Hopefully this serves as a message for the left that bullying people for their personal beliefs just pushes them away from your point of view.

2. Trump did very well with Latinos/African Americans compared to other Republicans (including Mitt Romney). This is interesting as it means Trump's "What have you got to lose?" message really clicked, or that Clinton's "Mi Abuela" campaign was just too patronizing.

3. Clinton took the rust belt states for granted. Never visited them/ never paid attention to them. Even when Trump has been actively campaigning in Michigan/Wisconsin, people wrote him off as crazy. I'll be honest, I thought Trump has been tactically/strategically genius, but I too though he was insane when he said he'd take Michigan and do well in Detroit... But here we are... He took Michigan and did well in Detroit. Wowza.

4. Most interesting to me is that Clinton took Nevada. I honestly thought Trump had that all wrapped up.

5. Trump's wave was so large that Senators/House members expecting to lose managed to win by pretty good margins. He gets a majority and extremely grateful house/senate and 1-3 supreme court justices. He can effectively do whatever he wants with this. Maybe he'll actually build a big, beautiful wall. On the northern border. And all the people who promised to move to Canada if he won would move there.

So, Scott Adams was apparently right in his analysis (even calling WI for trump a few weeks ago). The key factors were

1. The left has been very aggressively attacking Trump supporters with personal attacks/stealing Trump signs. This depressed Clinton's likability, which nuked her enthusiasm/depressed her turnout. So thanks for all the personal attacks the past few election threads I guess. If you've said something to the effect of "You're an idiot and Trump's a racist", you helped him get elected :wink: Hopefully this serves as a message for the left that bullying people for their personal beliefs just pushes them away from your point of view.

2. Trump did very well with Latinos/African Americans compared to other Republicans (including Mitt Romney). This is interesting as it means Trump's "What have you got to lose?" message really clicked, or that Clinton's "Mi Abuela" campaign was just too patronizing.

3. Clinton took the rust belt states for granted. Never visited them/ never paid attention to them. Even when Trump has been actively campaigning in Michigan/Wisconsin, people wrote him off as crazy. I'll be honest, I thought Trump has been tactically/strategically genius, but I too though he was insane when he said he'd take Michigan and do well in Detroit... But here we are... He took Michigan and did well in Detroit. Wowza.

4. Most interesting to me is that Clinton took Nevada. I honestly thought Trump had that all wrapped up.

5. Trump's wave was so large that Senators/House members expecting to lose managed to win by pretty good margins. He gets a majority and extremely grateful house/senate and 1-3 supreme court justices. He can effectively do whatever he wants with this. Maybe he'll actually build a big, beautiful wall. On the northern border. And all the people who promised to move to Canada if he won would move there.

Well, seeing as we're all fucked anyways, I may as well continue the tradition of "bullying", cause what have I got to lose at this point?

You're an idiot. Trump's a racist.

Well, seeing as we're all fucked anyways, I may as well continue the tradition of "bullying", cause what have I got to lose at this point?

That's the spirit, Trump 2020 :wink:

That's the spirit, Trump 2020 :wink:

That assumes a lot of things.

1): The United States is still United, and not just the States of America (can you imagine the logo for SA?)

2): We still have elections then

3): Trump's even running (or capable of running)

4): There's a world left

5): That I care, or am capable of caring as:

5a): Assuming I'm still in the country

5b): Or alive

(Note, this is a bit of dark humor, don't take this super seriously, but I'm still trying to illustrate a point)

EDIT:

In all seriousness, I'm in a wait and see mode really, tho I am somewhat pessimistic.

EDIT AGAIN:

I'm curious to see if Trump grabs global leaders by their genitals as well! UN meetings are going to get really interesting!

Advertisement

Should be interesting to see certainly. I mean, he's been given a almost perfect scenario to start off in, so we should start seeing his real policies pretty fast. There's going to be a lot of people who are dissapointed, and a lot of people who go like "Oh, is that all he's going to do?".

I was going to say we now get to wait for the upswing in racist attacks and killings...

... but lets be honest, in the USA, who would notice?

Now that Trump became President does that mean I should give up my dreams of moving to America since i'm black and I would be considered trash by Trump.

Now that Trump became President does that mean I should give up my dreams of moving to America since i'm black and I would be considered trash by Trump.

Due to inclement weather and unforeseen turbulence all US flights will be rerouted to Canada. Vouchers for a later trip to the US can be redeemed per request.

Thanks for flying GlobalismAir.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement