Advertisement

This is a joke! (US Presidential Election Thread)

Started by October 31, 2016 12:15 AM
209 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 10 months ago

Can somebody tell me who's most likely to become president?And how much do you bet someone is going to kill them in a couple of days after they become president.

Clinton will win. And nobody is assassinating anybody, despite your juvenile obsession with this question.

In the words of Michelle Obama: "When they [the Republicans talk about the unavoidable issues of the day] we [the Democrats] go [self-righteous]." At least, that's how I vaguely remember how it was said.

Riiiight. By "the unavoidable issues of the day", I assume you mean which parts of a womans anatomy it's ok to grab?

Anyway, it's irrelevant now.

Clinton is going to win, the democrats will get control of the senate and some common decency will be restored to the supreme court.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

...other people claim that Trump's supporters are under-represented as it's socially unnaceptable to publically support Trump.

I don't live in a place where they bother polling, but I assumed that polls were anonymous? Why not support whoever you want to?
Advertisement
The problem with polling is there is a strange psychological thing which seems to happen where people will say they are doing the thing they think the perceived majority thinks is the 'right' thing.

Which is a lot of words to say that, for some people, the fact it appears that people hate Candidate A then even if they support B they'll say A to avoid any perceived social backlash. (It is believed part of this is what gave the Brexit "surprise")

Of course it depends on who you poll and how; if you poll in an area where people are happy to wear 'trump can grab my pussy' tops then you are unlikely to get a false reading. However, somewhere like New York (city or state) might give a slightly more false reading as people will be less likely to say they support Trump even if they do.

---------------- This was meant to be two posts... but... well... shitty forum software thinks it knows better thus this line about the shitty forum software to split things up... because it is shit... --------------------

As for the election itself...

Well, I'm sure by now we all know of the Obama defending a protester story?
And I assume we all know about Trump claiming Obama 'just screams' at protestors?

So, a large portion of the population are going to vote for a man who, despite video evidence (they will likely never check) believes him when he lies about the current President 'screaming' at a protestor.

The man is either a massive liar who knows his supporters will swallow any old bullshit.
OR
The man believes this reality and is just thus insane.

So a vote for Trump is either a vote for a liar or a crazy person at this point...

It's neither of those. It's that people don't care that Trump lies about the small things/attacks people as we think what Hillary's worse.

I couldn't care less if Trump talks about grabbing pussies during the presidential address.

Whether you vote for Trump or Clinton you're getting a liar.

It's neither of those. It's that people don't care that Trump lies about the small things/attacks people as we think what Hillary's worse.

I couldn't care less if Trump talks about grabbing pussies during the presidential address.

If Trump is willing to lie about all these "minor" things, then what makes you think he's not gonna lie about major things when in Office. What makes you think he isn't gonna be just as bad as Hillary when it comes to corruption when he gets in Office.

As bad as many of you believe Hillary is, Trump has given every indication he's gonna be just as bad if he becomes President.

So if I'm getting a corrupt liar no matter who I choose and they'll be equally as bad when in Office, why would I seriously choose Trump over Clinton? At this point, his competence in the World Arena is severely lacking. And his domestic policies, though music to the ears of many in the middle America, don't seem to be tenable in today's capitalist model.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I mean that completely ignores that he's a complete fucking idiot and trivializes some pretty important issues.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

He trivializes some important issues because he needs to be moderate on certain positions. It's purely a strategic thinking to avoid pissing off either side too much on issues he doesn't want to get bogged down on. Hardly stupid. Very manipulative, but not stupid at all.

why would I seriously choose Trump over Clinton? At this point, his competence in the World Arena is severely lacking.

Because at least Trump hasn't made a living in the political arena. Electing him is a big "fuck you" to the establishment who pushed Hillary despite people not liking her.

Trump's fine in the global arena, he hasn't really had any issues speaking to people in leadership positions in the past 30~ years he's been influential enough to do so. Assuming he wins, he's going to quiet down and it'll be business as usual. Maybe we'll build a wall on the southern border, who knows.

Anyone who thinks Trump's going to be some kind of firebrand alienating us on the world stage has simply fallen for his marketing. He wants the label of being the person to tear down the establishment and rebuild washington from the ground up.

Presidents don't do this.

He trivializes some important issues because he needs to be moderate on certain positions. It's purely a strategic thinking to avoid pissing off either side too much on issues he doesn't want to get bogged down on. Hardly stupid. Very manipulative, but not stupid at all.

why would I seriously choose Trump over Clinton? At this point, his competence in the World Arena is severely lacking.

Because at least Trump hasn't made a living in the political arena. Electing him is a big "fuck you" to the establishment who pushed Hillary despite people not liking her.

Trump's fine in the global arena, he hasn't really had any issues speaking to people in leadership positions in the past 30~ years he's been influential enough to do so. Assuming he wins, he's going to quiet down and it'll be business as usual. Maybe we'll build a wall on the southern border, who knows.

Anyone who thinks Trump's going to be some kind of firebrand alienating us on the world stage has simply fallen for his marketing. He wants the label of being the person to tear down the establishment and rebuild washington from the ground up.

Presidents don't do this.

I meant that your statement trivializes some pretty important issues, not that he's a fucking idiot because he trivializes issues. He's a fucking idiot for many other extremely good reasons. And you've pretty much repeated the media spin/marketing argument given to just about everything he's ever or said and done.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Because at least Trump hasn't made a living in the political arena.

Arguable. Since, he's admitted to playing the donor game on both sides. Claims to have spoken to various foreign leaders for business purposes supposedly. And has gotten governments to partially bankroll several of his projects.

Electing him is a big "fuck you" to the establishment who pushed Hillary despite people not liking her.

If he were running as a Democrat, then that would make sense. But he's running as a Republican. So the base would nominate anyone from the GOP party as a big "f you" to Clinton and the Establishment.

Trump's fine in the global arena, he hasn't really had any issues speaking to people in leadership positions in the past 30~ years he's been influential enough to do so.

So he has made a living in the political sphere. Also, negotiating to build a hotel or golf course is not the same as negotiating a truce, peace treaty, trade agreement, or alliance. Very different things are in play.

Assuming he wins, he's going to quiet down and it'll be business as usual.

So he'll do the exact opposite of what he's been campaigning?

Maybe we'll build a wall on the southern border, who knows. Anyone who thinks Trump's going to be some kind of firebrand alienating us on the world stage has simply fallen for his marketing. He wants the label of being the person to tear down the establishment and rebuild washington from the ground up. Presidents don't do this.

:lol: So this is all a show. And you know this. You're voting for a guy as a "f you" to the establishment even though he's going to do what the establishment has always done. So you want a guy to distract you with lies while still screwing you over just as the establishment has always done? So the only thing that's changed is the feel good rhetoric he gives you as more of you lose jobs and have your rights whiddled away.

The level of cognitive dissonance is amazing. Political schizophrenia indeed.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

google logged me in wrong again :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement