Advertisement

Potentual new concept

Started by September 10, 2015 03:07 PM
98 comments, last by TheComet 8 years, 10 months ago
alwatsGray ,
Sorry,Wish I could blame something.
But,I own up to it just being my ignorance.
And I don't believe it to be a genius concept,just a concept.
ignore__You don't have to read my posts,by the way.
ignore__I don't believe anyone is making you.In my ignorance though,I could be wrong.

My bad.I did ask you to look them over,and you gave an honest reply.
I thank you for that.
Guess,it stung a little.
Wasn't prepared for it,at the moment.

Even when you write something seemingly intelligent, it is in a strange haiku.

Seriously, even if you have the idea to revolutionize AI as we know it, you need to work on your communication skills.

Advertisement

I've seen well-written code as haiku before.

Creepy, but potentially communicative.

MarkS
I can appreciate that.Point taken.
Give me another 66 yr's,and I'll get back
to you. L.O.L
I never did a lot of writing.As you can imagine.
As far as I can tell from your last "code" post, you are running through a string, taking the ASCII value of each letter, doing a whole bunch of calculations using this ASCII integer and a bunch of multiples of Pi, which render numbers with very little relation to anything, then printing these to the screen.

Let's assume you are serious for a moment. What, in simple terms, does mathematically mangling the ASCII values of the characters in a sentence have to do with revolutionising AI?

Do you think, for example, there is a link between these numbers and the meaning of the sentence? ASCII is an arbitrary set of numbers, so this can't be the case.

Please remember you are talking to programmers. We're not scared off by brackets and operators. We can still read what the code is actually doing, which in this case seems pretty meaningless to me.

This is rather nasty, my apologies, but I'm just saying what my perception was. When I first saw your initial post a month ago, my immediate thought was: This is a spambot trying to get over a minimum post count, trying to bypass filter heuristics with Scigen-like text.

I was wondering why anyone was bothering to answer at all, since it was so obviously just meaningless spam. A moderator had seen the topic and had not deleted it. Strange.

After the topic kept popping up again and again in "active", and after a dozen or so posts I was surprised to realize (from the incoming replies) that to all appearances, this was really a genuine human wanting to do something. I still have no idea what you want to do, but it seems like you're honestly trying something. Probably, this impression applies to most (all?) people here.

That's bad.

Maybe you want to explain, in fewer than 50 words, what this is actually about. High level overview of the problem at hand, not your awesome concept to approach it. Just so people understand what problem you are trying to solve. Think of us as people who cannot look inside your head and who do not know what you want. Think of us as people who possibly have never heard of the problem that you are trying to solve (or maybe do know the problem and the solution, but under a different name).

Then, explain what the general idea of your approach is. High level, fewer than 50 words. Also note that having fewer spelling errors will immensely help with getting a high compliance from your readers.

And then, once people understand what you want at all, you can post 200 lines of unreadable code biggrin.png

Advertisement

Maybe you want to explain, in fewer than 50 words, what this is actually about.
QFE

I could somewhat understand what you were saying a few posts back, until you started using symbols into the post. The $ --- { } and _ things are too difficult now.

Please only use English words.

I'm listening,trying this??

We have all asked the question;,How does the mind do what it does?
How does birth develop into a being of specific classes.
Like anything else;,It follows a basic pattern with deviations or mutations.
No matter what the physical means is,The intelligence is messaging, language,codes of logic,programs.
There is one big question,How does the mind do relativity?
This is the one thing that leads to creativity,understanding,self awareness.
So what is the basic pattern and how does it work?
Neural science is part of the pattern.
My concept is about another part of the pattern.
The model_T of a concept,if you will?,To be developed over time.
Messaging, or programming, is the one place {abstract reasoning} makes sense,as a real tool.
one apple is 5,000 cars.We use that {abstract reasoning} kind of logic in charts all the time,only we call it symbolisms.
Yet,We do not think "symbolisms" we think "using one thing to represent other things"

Now here is the relativity.
relevant Stream$="what is"
Default Stream$="using one thing to represent other things"
Given Stream$= "symbolism" {form exsperance}
Memory Stream$="what is symbolism, abstract reasoning, using one thing to represent other things "
Ok.I can pull out "abstract reasoning" out of memory and that may be enough for Joe.
However now relevant Stream$ must be "what is,for Joe" and related to Memory Stream$ for that option.
Bill might need a code number {a symbolic location} to find a more complete explanation.
Now relevant Stream$ must be "what is,for Bill" and related to Memory Stream$ for that option

Code wise:
With the Default Stream$__code as a reference.
Options codes like Default Stream$__code + relevant Stream$__code is Option_code
The relativity is not in the function,but rather in what the code{symbols} represent.
The function is how they are stored or read.

Now if I want to create a symbol code every time I say "using one thing to represent other things"
I can say 4.23 is "using one thing to represent other things"
But if I want to create a relative code{symbol} I use the coder to create it.
Now if when I say "using one thing to represent other things" and it goes thru the coder,I have the relative symbolic code.
Call it abstract,but relativity is an abstract operation.
What are the rules for abstract operation or logic?
One different between inches and feet---get a longer stick!
The coder generates relative codes.{relative symbols}
But it also can generate modified or mutated relative code,and print what they represent.
{apple} is a symbol
{apple for 5 cars} is a relative symbol
This is the heart of my concept.

Relative code {symbols} have hidden clarity;,Like bare and bear.

I'm listening,trying this??

We have all asked the question;,How does the mind do what it does?

why is there ";,"?
How does birth develop into a being of specific classes.

A "birth" cannot develop into anything, this doesnt make sense. Be more specific.
Like anything else;,It follows a basic pattern with deviations or mutations.

what is this ";," thing??? What do you mean "anything else", not everything else follows some pattern with deviations and mutations. A birth follows a "pattern" with deviations or mutations? How can a "birth" follow a pattern??? Or do you mean the mind? I dont know, you just said "it" and neither alternative seems obvious (dont use "it" if its not obvious what it refers to).
No matter what the physical means is,The intelligence is messaging, language,codes of logic,programs.

Dont make ME guess what these 4 things have in common - you find the word for it. Are you trying to define "intelligence" here? Whats the purpose of this line?
There is one big question,How does the mind do relativity?

"relativity" could mean a thousand different things. You are trying to communicate with others, that means, you must only use terms and concepts that others understand unambiguously.
This is the one thing that leads to creativity,understanding,self awareness.

I dont even know what you mean by "relativity", and now you are saying it leads to 4 things that are incredibly difficult to define, and are only loosely related to each other.
So what is the basic pattern and how does it work?

What do you mean by "pattern"? Pattern is not specific enough. Do you mean an algorithm? Some kind of a theoretical 'model'?

Neural science is part of the pattern.

Neural science is not a part of the pattern. The pattern might be related to something else that falls under the field of neural science. "Neural science" is very unspecific and all you are saying here is "It has something to do with the brain".
My concept is about another part of the pattern.

I dont even know what the first part is. "Neural science" is meaningless without further information.
The model_T of a concept,if you will?,To be developed over time.

You didnt define "model_T", this is garbage. What "concept"? What is being developed? Why over time? You mean youre still working on it? Or what? Maybe you mean youre talking about a model (implementation in code?) of your concept that is part of the "pattern"? ???
Messaging, or programming, is the one place {abstract reasoning} makes sense,as a real tool.

Why curly braces "{}"? Those are not conventional when writing. Nobody knows what you mean by them.

"the one place abstract reasoning makes sense" makes zero sence, thats not a valid sentence. Did you skip a word ("where")? You mean programming is the one place where abstract reasoning as a tool makes sense?

one apple is 5,000 cars.We use that {abstract reasoning} kind of logic in charts all the time,only we call it symbolisms.
Yet,We do not think "symbolisms" we think "using one thing to represent other things"

Where did this "one apple is 5000 cars" come from. Thats an example, so maybe put it in quotes and SAY that it is an example ('for example, when we say "one apple is 5000 cars", we call it symbolism')
Now here is the relativity.

Where? the example above? Or the following text? We can only guess. What do you mean by "relativity", explain it in words, dont just point at a bunch of gibberish and say "here is relitivity". Explain the terms you use, if they have some special meaning to you (if theres many possible meanings).
relevant Stream$="what is"

What does "relevant" mean here? What does "Stream" mean here? What does "$" mean here? where did this "what is" come from?
Default Stream$="using one thing to represent other things"
Given Stream$= "symbolism" {form exsperance}

More wtf, what does "form exprrneocniouce" even mean?
Memory Stream$="what is symbolism, abstract reasoning, using one thing to represent other things "
Ok.I can pull out "abstract reasoning" out of memory and that may be enough for Joe.

What do you mean by "pull out"?? Joe???? Who is JOE??? You extract "abstract reasoning" out of the stream named 'memory'? Then what??
However now relevant Stream$ must be "what is,for Joe" and related to Memory Stream$ for that option.

"what is, for Joe" is gibberish. WHY must "relevant Stream$" (???) be that? What do you mean "related to" what does "relating to" mean? What option? "abstract reasoning"? what were the other options?
Bill might need a code number {a symbolic location} to find a more complete explanation.

Whos bill? "code number" means memory address? Are you using {} in place of () for some reason (why, please explain if you do something weird like that so people know)? More complete explanation for what? Why MIGHT need, is there conditions where its NOT needed?
Now relevant Stream$ must be "what is,for Bill" and related to Memory Stream$ for that option

Code wise:

With the Default Stream$__code as a reference.
Options codes like Default Stream$__code + relevant Stream$__code is Option_code

You are adding (+) two streams. What does that mean? Whats an "options codes"?
The relativity is not in the function,but rather in what the code{symbols} represent.

I thought "relativity" is an abstract concept. How can an abstract concept be INSIDE a function? What code? What symbols? Do you mean the relations between some things (I dont know what things) are encoded in the values of some symbols??
The function is how they are stored or read.

What "they"? Options codes? I dont know what those even are.

Now if I want to create a symbol code every time I say "using one thing to represent other things"

Ok you say "using one thing to represent other things". Do WHAT using one thing? What 'other things'?
I can say 4.23 is "using one thing to represent other things"

Why a number? So you are encoding your symbols as numbers?
But if I want to create a relative code{symbol} I use the coder to create it.

What coder?
Now if when I say "using one thing to represent other things" and it goes thru the coder,I have the relative symbolic code.

What goes through the 'coder'?
Call it abstract,but relativity is an abstract operation.

Everything in programming is pretty abstract.
What are the rules for abstract operation or logic?

What does "abstract operation" or "logic" mean here? What do you mean by "rules"?
One different between inches and feet---get a longer stick!

What is "One" referring to here? Why are we talking about inches and feet? Why get a longer stick? What do I need a stick for?
The coder generates relative codes.{relative symbols}

You should have said this higher up, since this helps define what you mean by "coder"
But it also can generate modified or mutated relative code,and print what they represent.

Modified/mutated HOW? Just add random noise? Do they represent text strings?
{apple} is a symbol

Everything is a symbol. This statement is obvious. Why would you say apple is a symbol? Maybe say something like "For example, lets say that {apple} is a symbol". Then its clear you are going to give an example.
{apple for 5 cars} is a relative symbol

Do you mean {5 cars} is a relative symbol for {apple} if we say so?
This is the heart of my concept.

So the core idea is that "patterns can be substituted for other patterns"? Why did you say it in such a long way?

Relative code {symbols} have hidden clarity;,Like bare and bear.

??? You mean how "bare" and "bear" are pronounced similarly, or what?

Either this is the first time in 66 years you write something longer than a few sentences, or you have some medical/psychological condition that makes it particularly difficult for you... (I dont want to be rude, but at the same time if you do have something it might be good idea to mention it, and if you dont, it might be good to ask a doctor or something because I can see your life being difficult if this is how you communicate everywhere)

o3o

Either this is the first time in 66 years you write something longer than a few sentences, or you have some medical/psychological condition that makes it particularly difficult for you... (I dont want to be rude, but at the same time if you do have something it might be good idea to mention it, and if you dont, it might be good to ask a doctor or something because I can see your life being difficult if this is how you communicate everywhere)

Or, possibly, English is not his first language.
Also it appears that "model T" is referring to the Ford Model T: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T and that by saying "{apple} is a symbol", he is defining his notation.

Onedream, what is your mother tongue and if it isn't English, could you rewrite what you've already posted in that language in case it will make more sense that way?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement