Advertisement

The Week of Awesome III - The third annual unofficial gamedev.net competition! - Administration thread

Started by June 01, 2015 04:11 AM
232 comments, last by Eck 9 years, 2 months ago

@Stormy: Isn't the option to have multiple journals available only to people with an account of a particular level and above--at the least above the level of standard membership?

So if I subbed, could I make all the journals I want? :P

I can't find where it actually says that, soooo...

Also, I liked the theme last year. Most jams are either too specific or too vague/stupid with their themes I find. Openness to interpretation is key. :)

We are coming down to the last couple weeks before the competition begins, how are you all prepping?

In past years I have used Java, a language I use professionally and so I am very familiar with. This year I have made the decision to use the competition as an opportunity to learn Scala, a programming language I have been meaning to learn for some time now.

So in all likelihood my game won't be prize-worthy this year but I am still aiming to put together a completed entry!

My prep work so far has involved getting my tooling into place. This includes downloading LibGDX and getting it configured to work with Scala. I have ported their default test app over to Scala and got it work.
Scala runs on the JVM and this year (like previous years) I am packaging the JRE with the game. Unlike previous years however I have managed to ditch around 50% of the size of the JRE meaning that, when zipped, my entry currently stands at a comparatively small 25MB. This should help with my usual tactic of uploading increasingly improved builds of the game as the deadline draws near; the quicker they upload then the closer to the wire I can go!

I have also written a build and deploy script that should take some of the stress out of assembling my deliverable at crunch time - no time-consuming manual steps involved!
Advertisement

So if I subbed, could I make all the journals I want? tongue.png

Yes. I just tested it, and (with the GDNet+ privileges) I was able to create a second journal without deleting my first.

@Stormy: Isn't the option to have multiple journals available only to people with an account of a particular level and above--at the least above the level of standard membership?

So if I subbed, could I make all the journals I want? tongue.png

Yes. I just tested it, and (with the GDNet+ privileges) I was able to create a second journal without deleting my first.

Had actually not been aware that it was a rank related perk. Another good reason for people to sub :)

Had actually not been aware that it was a rank related perk. Another good reason for people to sub smile.png

Bah, GameDev.net and its in-app purchases! Free-to-post, is it?! ;P

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I just taked a look at the splashscreen sample and I did'nt see my team name. Is it a mistake or I have forgot something ? :)

Advertisement

I just taked a look at the splashscreen sample and I did'nt see my team name. Is it a mistake or I have forgot something ? :)

Oops, thanks for the catch. I'll have it fixed when i get home later tonight.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Where is the splash screen sample?

And also, one concern I have is will the sponser splash be a certain res or do we have a little flexibility with it? Because our game will be pretty low res, and with a certain style.

Where is the splash screen sample?

And also, one concern I have is will the sponser splash be a certain res or do we have a little flexibility with it? Because our game will be pretty low res, and with a certain style.

The splashscreen is under the Judging Criteria subsection, and it is perfectly fine for it to be resized to meet your target resolution to fit your game.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I was also searching for the splash screen, please put a link to it in the rules section; as that's the most likely place where people will look.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement